How do I get "Administrator Privileges"?

Old January 17th 05, 07:17 PM

Default How do I get "Administrator Privileges"?

There are things that I cannot uninstall from my system. One in
particular is P2P Networking(Kazaa Media Desktop).

I get the following pop-up:
"Sorry, you do not have enough access rights for this operation"
"Please log on with administrator privileges and repeat uninstallation
process"

Can anyone tell me how to log on with "adminsistrator priviledges", so
I can start uninstalling unneeded apps?
Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Old January 17th 05, 07:31 PM
TheBeat999

wrote in message
oups.com...
There are things that I cannot uninstall from my system. One in
particular is P2P Networking(Kazaa Media Desktop).

I get the following pop-up:
"Sorry, you do not have enough access rights for this operation"
"Please log on with administrator privileges and repeat uninstallation
process"

Can anyone tell me how to log on with "adminsistrator priviledges", so
I can start uninstalling unneeded apps?
Thanks a lot.

Windows 9x/Me doesn't have user privileges (there is no administrator). Most likely
you have a policy in place. Run REGEDIT and remove the following two keys. If the
policy is such that it won't allow you run REGEDIT, boot to real-mode DOS from floppy
or CD-ROM and merge the following REG file. Copy/paste the text into Notepad and save
as C:\NOPOLICY.REG. Use the command: REGEDIT /S C:\NOPOLICY.REG to merge the file from
DOS.

REGEDIT4
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies]

Old January 17th 05, 08:46 PM
Ben Myers

Another response addressed the Windows 95/98/ME. If you are running Win NT,
2000, or XP, log in as "Administrator" using whatever password has been
assigned. If you do not know the administrator password, download Pettar
Nordahl's very good password cracker and make up either a bootable CD or
bootable floppy. Boot up, and you'll see Linux. Dont' worry. Follow Nordahl's
instructions, and remove the administrator password entirely. Then log in as
administrator and do as you wish. If you are using a corporate computer
(unlikely), be prepared for the wrath of the corporate I.T. types... Ben Myers

Old January 29th 05, 07:35 PM

TheBeat999 wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Okay, I only get
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rentVersion\Internet
Settings"

Any other ideas?

I actually installed KAZAA over a year ago, and attempted to uninstall
it after it made my (WindowsME)system more unstable than usual.

Right now I'm on the verge of just saving important folders and wiping
the hard drive clean. But since it is a Compaq, it's going to be hell
installing an OS on it.

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Old January 29th 05, 07:36 PM

doS wrote:
ask whoevers computer you are trying to hack.

Moron...

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.