Presario r3140us - power supply and wireless

Old October 14th 04, 08:57 PM
Zuri

Default Presario r3140us - power supply and wireless

Hi,

Just bought a refurbished one, at Fry's.

1. Is there any power supply that is smaller and lighter for this
model?

2. If I will use it overseas, is the ground polarity on the
electrical outlet, must be in the adapter (meaning, do I need to have
a three holes adapter, or can I use the two-holes)?

3. During my flights I would like to watch movies and such, which
I downloaded. What will be more power efficiant, using my (burned)
DVDs to watch the movies, or to play them from the HD?

4. On a different asspect, I was not able to surf the net via the
wireless. Only thru the LAN. The wireless signals are excellent
(11Mb), and the system recognize when it is connected, but the "page
can not be displayed" message apears in teh IE6.

I am sure that I miss something in the "Internet options" - like
setting the connection (not LAN).

Please advice.

Thanks.