HP DV6936us - dead 29 days after warranty expires

Old December 27th 09, 02:26 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Maurice[_2_]

Default HP DV6936us - dead 29 days after warranty expires

"Justin" wrote in message
On 12/26/09 9:28 PM, Maurice wrote:
wrote in message
On 12/26/09 5:08 PM, Priam wrote:
On 12/26/2009 04:22 PM, Justin wrote:

If you really need a computer to go to school or travel, then, the
best
is a NetBook, preferably with a free fall sensor or, better yet, an
SSD
drive.

Airbook.

http://www.google.ca/search?&q=airbo...-%22no+problem

637,000 English and French

And it's not a com,puter that sold much.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...6c7832dbb01be6

131,000,000 that's alot!

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=HP+dv...6c7832dbb01be6
2,270,000 - that's still alot!

If something goes wrong, well, you can bring it to a specialized
local
repair shop. You can get an estimate for, roughly, $35 - $50, often
deductible from repairs.

Yeah, let the Geek Squad and their 12 year old kids running the
Pokemon
screen saver.

Not the Geek Squad, Moron! There are some shops that specialize in
laptops.

Yeah, no ****. They can charge me $120 for labor and another $256.
Considering the present value of the laptop if $400 that sounds like an
awesome deal. Thanks!

Not exactly. The unibody case on the Macbooks are more durable. Thats
the problem with the HP. It isn't solid - its built like an old
Chrysler.
The parts move, ribbon cables fray and short out.

Yeah, it's awful, they bend and warp and twist and shout a lot. Big
problem. Sure you haven't been brainwashed recently?

yeah, I'm sure. The Unibod don't do that - because they are "uni" Get
it? As in one piece.

Not quite. You should really try to think before you regurgitate.

Sorry, you're wrong. I have one in front of me.. Let me count the
pieces. One. OK I'm done.

Maybe this will help.

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...ir_Take_Apart/

Are you really this stupid, or do you have to work hard at it?

Old December 27th 09, 02:36 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
News[_5_]

wrote in message
On 12/26/09 5:08 PM, Priam wrote:
[...]

Asked and answered. He's an "MBA".
Old December 27th 09, 03:25 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Maurice[_2_]

"News" wrote in message
t...
wrote in message
On 12/26/09 5:08 PM, Priam wrote:
[...]

Do you think he knows what it means? I didn't know they gave those out for
basketweaving.

Old December 27th 09, 06:34 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Justin[_8_]

On 12/27/09 9:19 AM, Maurice wrote:
wrote in message
On 12/26/09 9:24 PM, Maurice wrote:
wrote in message
On 12/26/09 11:18 AM, Maurice wrote:
"Frank wrote in message
On 12/25/09 11:28 AM, Frank Slootweg wrote:
wrote:

WOW! So tell me... How should I quantify the downtime? She runs
her
own business. I'll make up a number. $1,000

I don't think!

Fixed.

And restored:

"downtime"? "business"? You bought a *consumer* *entertainment*
*notebook*, *without* extended warranty! How clueless can you get!?

"MBA"? I don't think so!

These clowns are SO predictable. When confronted with their own
cluelessness, they can only resort to post-editing.

The guy is only trolling. And you are taking the bait.

All I'm doing is education people about HP quality and service.
This way when they google it - they'll see this awesome thread and get
another brand.
I'm doing my part.

Your wasting your time. The target market here is tiny and informed, and
they don't give a hot **** about your opinions. It shows just how
incapable
you are. I personally prefer Dell over HP. More bang for the buck. And
you
get a better machine than an Apple for a third of the price.

WIN! WIN!

Yes, and you get to talk to East Indians calling themselves "Belinda,
Harry," or my favorite "Jake."
WHen you call in for warranty support - and you *will* need warranty
support at some point, tell "Jake" your name is "Lalit" and you refuse to
talk to a Dalit.

LOOSE! LOOSE!

Dude, you're gettin' a dalit!

Hmmm- a cute redirect.

Dude - I never had to call customer service - and I've had a bunch of Dells.

Yes, you just go out and spend a few bucks to replace hard drive. The
rest of us expect companies to hold up their end of the bargain.
Somehow you justify that as the right thing to do.
Remember, support isn't just getting help with a problem - its getting
parts under warranty.

Dude, you're gettin' ripped off!
Old December 27th 09, 06:36 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Justin[_8_]

wrote in message
On 12/26/09 5:08 PM, Priam wrote:
[...]

Still only one.
Did you fail at life so badly on purpose, or did you work at it?
When you visit your parents do they grovel and ask when you're leaving?
Old December 27th 09, 07:25 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Maurice[_2_]

wrote in message
On 12/26/09 5:08 PM, Priam wrote:
[...]

Fail at life? I don't think so. You can't transpose what you are to
others.

When you visit your parents do they grovel and ask when you're leaving?

Naw. Again - my parents don't act like yours.

Old December 27th 09, 08:23 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Frank Slootweg

Justin wrote:
[...]

Is that a fact? I guarantee I own you in terms of business knowledge,
law and computers.

And another perfectly good keyboard ruined! [1]

[1] Well, actually a complete laptop! Like the OP, I was stupid enough
to buy a *consumer*, *entertainment*, *laptop*, *without* extended
warranty, and now these clowns don't even want to *talk* to me, without
me *paying* for it, while I'm only being a nasty little racist which
wants to sue them for the *downtime* in running my *business* on their
out of warranty piece of crap! Figure *that*!
Old December 27th 09, 08:25 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Frank Slootweg

Maurice wrote:

wrote:

WOW! So tell me... How should I quantify the downtime? She
runs
her
own business. I'll make up a number. $1,000

I don't think!

Fixed.

And restored:

"downtime"? "business"? You bought a *consumer* *entertainment*
*notebook*, *without* extended warranty! How clueless can you
get!?

"MBA"? I don't think so!

These clowns are SO predictable. When confronted with their own
cluelessness, they can only resort to post-editing.

The guy is only trolling. And you are taking the bait.

Nope. He lacks the qualities needed to (be a) troll.

I disagree. He lacks the qualities to be a GOOD troll.

We're saying the same thing, but IMO a bad troll just isn't a troll.

But I'll say this;
his new sock has actually progressed.

I also wrote (and you snipped (why?)):

QED. HTH. HAND. EOD. NI.

I snipped it because I don't know what it means.

Then you probably shouldn't tell others that they're being trolled and
taking the bait.

Why is the truth distastful?

You tell me! :-)

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com
http://www.acronymfinder.com

I didn't get to square one - it's past 4:20.

Quess what the 'I' means?

Old December 27th 09, 08:39 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Frank Slootweg

wrote:

[...]

You bought a consumer laptop. If you had bought it in a shop (You
didn't say whether you did or not.), you should get the part(s)
from/through them. But 'even' if you bought it on-line, you should be
able to get parts without a telephone call, let alone a charged one.

Anyway, I think your problem is just one of attitude. If you showed
any of what you showed here, you exactly got the service you deserved.
Old December 27th 09, 08:46 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Frank Slootweg

Maurice wrote:
"News" wrote in message
t...
Maurice wrote:
"Justin" wrote in message

[...]
Sorry, you're wrong. I have one in front of me.. Let me count the
pieces. One. OK I'm done.

Maybe this will help.

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...ir_Take_Apart/

Are you really this stupid, or do you have to work hard at it?

Asked and answered. He's an "MBA".

Do you think he knows what it means? I didn't know they gave those
out for basketweaving.

Earlier, I pointed you to sites which give you possible meanings for a
given acronym. I should have taken my own advice! "MBA" obviously
doesn't mean what I assumed he meant, but "Must Buy Apple". Sorry about
that.