Help please with my cd/dvd burner in laptop LSC24082

Old April 28th 07, 08:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
JimmyCrackedCorn

Default Help please with my cd/dvd burner in laptop LSC24082

Gateway xppro lappy with a LSC-24082 internal CD DVD RW driv

just got a refurb lappy on the web a few months ago...have had it
about two months, decided to sit down and burn some work docs etc. off.

CD-B on this lappy burns CDs just fine.

I get this error (noted below) with (now four) diff.DVD RWs... however
I can SEE the DVD contents of previously burned discs.
Just.....won't.......write.

Have gone to Device Mgr and uninstalled/reinstalled the CDdrv with no
change.

Whether the program or the drive, any help is deeply appreciated.

Have tried five diff burn programs, no change on this.

Is it a registry setting? or _________?
Much thanks for a place to come to

http://www.imagewoof.com/view_image/...cdburnerxp.png

Old April 29th 07, 02:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

JimmyCrackedCorn wrote:

Gateway xppro lappy with a LSC-24082 internal CD DVD RW driv

just got a refurb lappy on the web a few months ago...have had it
about two months, decided to sit down and burn some work docs etc. off.

CD-B on this lappy burns CDs just fine.

I get this error (noted below) with (now four) diff.DVD RWs... however
I can SEE the DVD contents of previously burned discs.
Just.....won't.......write.

Have gone to Device Mgr and uninstalled/reinstalled the CDdrv with no
change.

Whether the program or the drive, any help is deeply appreciated.

Have tried five diff burn programs, no change on this.

Is it a registry setting? or _________?
Much thanks for a place to come to

http://www.imagewoof.com/view_image/...cdburnerxp.png

Find out if there is a firmware update. If still trouble, find out specs
on the dvd part. Maybe it's DVD "-/+" issue or the dvd_rw's are speed
rated higher than the burner, or it's just that the dvd part of the
burner reached its end.

===========================
Subject: HELP!! dvd burner won't detect blank media after Sony DV

I had the same problem with my HP DVD burner!!!!

First it wouldn't recognize blank media, but could read data and play
movies. Then it just wanted to burn CD-R's, then it just didn't want
to do anything! I called HP support & they told me it was dead
and they were sending me a new one Note: the Burner was only a
couple of months old! Once I popped the new one in everything was
good again!

=========================
Subject: Plextor PX-716A does not detect disks

I have a running on Windows XP that has decided that it can no longer
detect a disk. From within PlexTools the drive seems accessible but if
I insert a disk it does not see it and if I go into explorer and attempt
to access the disk I get a dialog displayed asking me to insert a disk.

The drive has not had excessive usage ...

I had a Plex 712A that did the same thing; it stopped recognizing any of
my burned disks, and I got a replacement under RMA from Plextor. You may
have to get an RMA replacement; send Plex Service an email listing your
drive's behavior, and they can set you up with an RMA number and address
to send it to. Have you updated the firmware on yours since you got it?

If you are lucky a firmware update may help, but this is probably a
hardware fault that would need repaired or replaced.
=========================
Old April 29th 07, 04:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Jack

. --------------------------------------

JimmyCrackedCorn wrote:

[...]

==========
thanks for the reply.
I am kind of dumb at this point, never been here before.

Have posted in four other forums this past wk til I found gou guys.
Mfrs the other forums said for my cd dvd rw:
Sony, Phillips, Liteon, Cybertech

wrote all four and each said they don't mfr it.

????

Old April 29th 07, 04:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Mike Richter

JimmyCrackedCorn wrote:
Gateway xppro lappy with a LSC-24082 internal CD DVD RW driv

just got a refurb lappy on the web a few months ago...have had it about
two months, decided to sit down and burn some work docs etc. off.

CD-B on this lappy burns CDs just fine.

I get this error (noted below) with (now four) diff.DVD RWs... however I
can SEE the DVD contents of previously burned discs.
Just.....won't.......write.

Have gone to Device Mgr and uninstalled/reinstalled the CDdrv with no
change.

Whether the program or the drive, any help is deeply appreciated.

Have tried five diff burn programs, no change on this.

Is it a registry setting? or _________?
Much thanks for a place to come to

http://www.imagewoof.com/view_image/...cdburnerxp.png

What are you trying to read? A new/blank disc? One which was written
with that drive but apparently did not 'take'? The message (I could do
without the ad) says that the disc is not recognized as having anything
written on it - so, what do you think is written on it?

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/
Old April 29th 07, 07:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

JimmyCrackedCorn wrote:

Gateway xppro lappy with a LSC-24082 internal CD DVD RW driv

just got a refurb lappy on the web a few months ago...have had it
about two months, decided to sit down and burn some work docs etc. off.

CD-B on this lappy burns CDs just fine.

I get this error (noted below) with (now four) diff.DVD RWs... however
I can SEE the DVD contents of previously burned discs.
Just.....won't.......write.

The drive is Liteon-manufactured *combo* drive: CD burner + DVD-ROM. It
reads, but not write, DVD.
Old April 29th 07, 09:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Tony[_3_]

Guy here says it only read DVD's and writes to cd's. I see Mike Richter is
back here again. Time for my advice is seems it's needed now.
http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?p=644751

Old April 29th 07, 12:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Marlin Singer

JimmyCrackedCorn wrote:
Gateway xppro lappy with a LSC-24082 internal CD DVD RW driv

just got a refurb lappy on the web a few months ago...have had it about
two months, decided to sit down and burn some work docs etc. off.

CD-B on this lappy burns CDs just fine.

I get this error (noted below) with (now four) diff.DVD RWs... however I
can SEE the DVD contents of previously burned discs.
Just.....won't.......write.

Have gone to Device Mgr and uninstalled/reinstalled the CDdrv with no
change.

Whether the program or the drive, any help is deeply appreciated.

Have tried five diff burn programs, no change on this.

Is it a registry setting? or _________?
Much thanks for a place to come to

http://www.imagewoof.com/view_image/...cdburnerxp.png

Well when I do a search on the web for that model, it is a
CD-RW/DVD-rom. In other words, it burns CDs only, but reads DVDs. Thats
why it will not burn a DVD.
Old April 29th 07, 02:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Jack

JimmyCrackedCorn wrote:
[...]

I am sure glad I came here. The other forums I went to said it was RW.
Much thanks to all, I really appreciate it

Old April 29th 07, 11:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
JimmyCrackedCorn

JimmyCrackedCorn brought next idea :
Gateway xppro lappy with a LSC-24082 internal CD DVD RW driv

just got a refurb lappy on the web a few months ago...have had it about two
months, decided to sit down and burn some work docs etc. off.

CD-B on this lappy burns CDs just fine.

I get this error (noted below) with (now four) diff.DVD RWs... however I can
SEE the DVD contents of previously burned discs. Just.....won't.......write.

Have gone to Device Mgr and uninstalled/reinstalled the CDdrv with no change.

Whether the program or the drive, any help is deeply appreciated.

Have tried five diff burn programs, no change on this.

Is it a registry setting? or _________?
Much thanks for a place to come to

http://www.imagewoof.com/view_image/...cdburnerxp.png

I am back
dug up the papers on this thing, from Gateway when it was new,s erial
number on burner matches paperwork.

Says
CD-RW/DVD±RW combo - Integrated

Old April 30th 07, 12:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Marlin Singer

http://www.ultradrives.com/product_i...roducts_id/718