Having trouble burning and playing audio cdr

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 16th 07, 05:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Mac Cool

Default Having trouble burning and playing audio cdr

Setup:
Dell Dimension 4550
Pioneer 111-D burner
'99 Chrysler Sebring jxi

I haven't made any audio CDs for a long time but I decided to make one
and I'm having trouble playing the disc in my car. The CDs I burn with
Nero will not play in my car but they do play in every other player I've
tried them in. It isn't the media, I have burned CDs on that same media
that will work in my car. I think the problem is the Pioneer burner
which is a relatively new addition but I decided to test the easiest
thing first... the software. This is where I ran into problems.

I tried:
Roxio... hangs during burn, produces unreadable discs
CDBurner XP Pro 3... errors: disc at once, session at once not support
by drive; layout contains more data than media can store [neither are
true]
DeepBurner... worst software ever, I couldn't even get it to work
WMP 11... doesn't work unless I convert mp3s to wav and play a few
seconds of each file so WMP can detect the play length. Seems overly
complicated, still doesn't play in my car.

The only thing left is the Pioneer burner but considering the reviews
about the Pioneer being one of the best burners for audio CDs, I just
don't know. I'll try swapping out the burner and see if it makes a
difference.

Any other ideas?

--
Mac Cool