Rebates !

Old January 4th 07, 01:58 AM posted to alt.computer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
- Bobb -

Default Rebates !

"- Bobb -" wrote in message

Well, I just "checked my status" and guess what:
(between the dashes = website info re 'my status'
------
Rebate name: "HP Presario Notebook $30 MIR"

Tracking ID:KXXZ-0677-xxxx
Offer Value:$30.00
Manufacturer:Hewlett-Packard
Submission status:

To receive your rebate, the following steps must be completed. You can
monitor the progress of your submission below.
Your submission has been received.

1. Unfortunately, there was an issue that prevented processing of your
rebate. Your will receive more information in the mail with further
details and instructions.
---------
Surprise, surprise ! There is no date associated with that message so
I have no idea if it's a month old or posted today. What a scam this is.
I'll let you know when /if I get something in the mail. No I did not get
an email about this although they have my email address - I saw it only
by checking their website for status.
One other thing - it was advertised and I submitted a form for a $50
MIR - not $30 ! Maybe THAT's why there is " an issue".

As for the Vista upgrade, I have to mail them another copy of the store
receipt and wait another 6-8 weeks for that.
Let's see ... I had registered my PC at the site , I've sent them my
original receipt ( for this rebate above), I cut the side off the box to
send them a 4x6 UPC barcode - now they need more friggin' proof the send
us the upgrade . Probe the PC and let us download it !

I've been looking online but cannot find any relevant phone number to
call. If anyone has a direct number to reach a customer service mgr at
HP ( not a sales line) I'd appreciate posting it here. Thanks

=======

I got out my paperwork and called the number on my store receipt ( not
thinking it would help). I was told that the reason for not processing
the rebate was that serial number I submitted didn't qualify for that
($30) rebate.
I told her" You're right - I am holding in my hand the lower part of the
CompUSA receipt that I sent to you and it clearly states
"Notebook PC with a model number ending in US and receive $50 cash back"
not $30.

" Oh - let me check". On hold for a minute " I did find a $50 rebate
and will process that - thank you for calling"

If anyone else needs the info:
call 1-888-385-5410
The Offer # ( for that $50 rebate) is NB03706.

So yes I did get it - but I sincerely believe that if I did NOT have
the phone number / info from the CompUSA receipt that I NEVER would have
gotten that money. BTW, yes I did ask for the confirmation number for
that call and wrote it on my paperwork.

Bobb

Old January 8th 07, 05:51 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
- Bobb -

An update on the CompUSA side of my Black Friday rebate. I went to
CompUSA website - checked " My Rebates", and I see:
"Your rebates were requested on 01/05/07 totaling $230.00. Rebate
checks will be mailed within 10 - 12 weeks of a properly completed
request." Their 'details' info on that page shows:
Product Name Submission Date Purchase Date
advertised notebook 11/24/06 11/24/06

So ... I filled out the request on 11/24 online. THEY held it until a
"release date" of 1/5/07 and NOW it will take 10-12 weeks from 1/5/07 to
receive a check . So I bought in November, and ( if all goes well) I
should receive a check in MARCH ! Let's say they sold 10,000 of them
nationwide (200 per state - sounds low). They got a FREE loan from us of
$2,300,000 for 6 months.
====================

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
. ..

Old January 23rd 07, 10:07 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
- Bobb -

Default Rebates ! update

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
. ..
snipped

I got out my paperwork and called the number on my store receipt ( not
thinking it would help). I was told that the reason for not
processing the rebate was that serial number I submitted didn't
qualify for that ($30) rebate. I told her " You're right - I am
holding in my hand the lower part of the CompUSA receipt that I sent
to you and it clearly states "Notebook PC with a model number ending
in US
and receive $50 cash back" not $30.

" Oh - let me check". On hold for a minute " I did find a $50 rebate
and will process that - thank you for calling"

If anyone else needs the info:
call 1-888-385-5410
The Offer # ( for that $50 rebate) is NB03706.

FURTHER UPDATE:
I've been out of town - just went to PO to pick up my mail (was
stopped).
I saw a "rebate check envelope" (tear-apart sides) from HP and since I
was stopping at the bank anyway I brought it on with me. I opened it
there and .... guess what? .... it's a " sorry but you do not qualify
for the $30 rebate" letter. No check.
I'm now calling them back - AGAIN. Two months - STILL they have not
sent a check.

Old January 25th 07, 09:11 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
- Bobb -

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
. ..

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
. ..
snipped

[...]

UPDATE 2:
When I called, she said:
" That letter was regarding the previous ( the incorrect) notice. ( from
november !): disregard that."
Then she said " the rebate check is in the mail"
Famous last words, huh ?

Old February 26th 07, 08:58 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
- Bobb -

FINAL UPDATE:

I've been out of town for 4 weeks - just went to PO to pick up my mail.
Lo' and behold - in the pile are 2 checks from my Black Friday purchases
:
1 from HP ($50) and 1 from CompUSA ($230) - checks
dated 1/24/07 . Case closed.

Bobb

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
. ..