No keyboards

Old February 10th 04, 02:51 PM
jay

Default No keyboards

I have two compaq deskpros one is a celaron 400 with the real small case and
the other is a p3 550 full tower. Both are running win 2000 sp4. My problem
is that neither one will boot up with out a keyboard hooked up. Im using
pcanywhere to control them and don't want to hook up a keyboard everytime I
have to reboot them. I checked the bios and could not find nothing on it.
anything else I can do? Thanks Jay

Old February 10th 04, 03:05 PM
HH

You are likely out of luck. Compaqs do not like to boot without a keyboard
attached. Why not buy 2 $10 keyboards. You could even use a couple of
mini-keyboards.
HH

. ..

Old February 11th 04, 12:06 AM
me

you can get a cheap 2 port KVM for under $40 works for me one pc on linux
one on windows. one keyboard one mouse one monitor

. ..