Remanufactured HP carts doubtful economy

Old April 30th 07, 02:31 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
TJ

Default Remanufactured HP carts doubtful economy

My HP PSC 2110 came to me with OEM cartridges, and I was able to
successfully refill those carts over 2 dozen times each before they
failed me. Same thing with the refilled/remanufactured carts I bought to
replace them. But those were the last "reman" carts to perform that way
for me. The next #56 gave out after about a dozen refills, while the
color cart only got some 15 before the yellow developed problems. The
next #56 only lasted through a half-dozen, and the last one I ordered
didn't work at all when I tried it.

Due to a delay in shipment, the company I ordered the last #57 tricolor
cart from, Omnipro, sent me an OEM cart, at no extra charge. That cart
is still working as good as new after at least a dozen refills. That
last #56 remanufactured cart also came from Omnipro, but when I informed
them it didn't work when I got it, they replaced it - no questions asked
- with an OEM cart. I haven't had a chance to use up the first fill on
that one yet, so no refills to report on.

It's just a guess, but I think the HP #56 and #57 carts are so easy to
refill that many folks refill them several times before handing them
over to a refiller/remanufacturer business. This would make them half
worn-out - or more - by the time they get remanufactured, and thus I get
fewer refills. As for me, well, I have more integrity than that. By the
time I've finished with an ink cart, it's done for and I won't turn it
in to become someone else's problem.

So, if you're planning on refilling them yourself until they die, it
appears that OEM HP carts could be a better deal than the remanufactured
ones, even if they do cost twice as much.

TJ

Old April 30th 07, 04:21 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

The same goes thru for OEM ink.

TJ wrote:
[...]

Warranty question: 2 Year On-site Economy Plan (from the Small Business division) Christopher Muto Dell Computers 3 December 12th 05 04:11 AM
Is Kyocera Mita FS3700 Printer in Economy Mode ?? [email protected] Printers 1 May 14th 05 12:36 AM
Economy mode salmony Printers 2 April 25th 04 04:54 PM
Printing economy - a real issue Morgan Ohlson Printers 2 December 8th 03 11:02 AM
Who has good remanufactured toner carts (Lexmark Optra S 1650) [email protected] Printers 2 September 4th 03 07:22 PM