DDR3 or DDR2 memory help

Old September 2nd 08, 06:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Gabriel Knight[_6_]

Default DDR3 or DDR2 memory help

Hi im not sure what to buy I have two mobos to choose from:

GA-X48-DS5 with DDR2 ram x4 slots

or
GA-X48T-DQ6 with DDR3 ram x4 slots

im going to be using this new pc for games plugged into a projector as HDMI,
what is better for games and the long run to use DDR2 or DDR3?.

Im not woried about price for now.

Thanks
GK

Old September 2nd 08, 09:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Gabriel Knight wrote:
Hi im not sure what to buy I have two mobos to choose from:

GA-X48-DS5 with DDR2 ram x4 slots

or
GA-X48T-DQ6 with DDR3 ram x4 slots

im going to be using this new pc for games plugged into a projector as HDMI,
what is better for games and the long run to use DDR2 or DDR3?.

Im not woried about price for now.

Thanks
GK

There is an article here, that compares DDR2 and DDR3.
What speed do you think those boards will run the RAM ?

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/511/4/

Paul

Old September 2nd 08, 10:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Weiss

"Gabriel Knight" wrote...
Hi im not sure what to buy I have two mobos to choose from:

GA-X48-DS5 with DDR2 ram x4 slots or
GA-X48T-DQ6 with DDR3 ram x4 slots

im going to be using this new pc for games plugged into a projector as
HDMI, what is better for games and the long run to use DDR2 or DDR3?.

Im not woried about price for now.

The DQ6 is probably overkill. If the DS5 is cheaper and otherwise meets
your needs, buy it. I have 2 DS4s -- a P35 and an X48. Both work well.

DDR3 has little to no practical advantage over DDR2 right now, regardless
of price. You'd be better off putting your spare money into the graphics
and sound cards.

Old September 3rd 08, 06:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)

DDR3 has little to no practical advantage over DDR2 right now, regardless
of price. You'd be better off putting your spare money into the graphics
and sound cards.

I agree with you. Until DDR3 enter mass-production stage, it's too
expensive to buy them now. Stay with DDR2 for now...

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04.1) Linux 2.6.26.2