Strange boot up hang

Old March 27th 04, 04:33 PM
Bernardo Clavijo

Default Strange boot up hang

Hello,
I've got an strange problem on one PC with an ASROCK motherboard, Athlon XP,
512MB RAM DDR, 30GB disk... blablabla...

Well, the Windows 2k OS fails to boot after a long time powered off, I've
been thinking of a hard failure, but now I'm gonna reinstall windows...
even when the PC was a recent buy, and the OS was installed just 2 weeks
ago.

Anybody has some similar case to tell me some place to look, been "playing"
and working with PCs for years... but never seen such a thing like this...

Thanks In Advance

Bernardo Clavijo
Old March 27th 04, 06:49 PM
Shep©

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 13:33:58 -0300 Letting slip the dogs of war
Bernardo Clavijo wrote :

Hello,
I've got an strange problem on one PC with an ASROCK motherboard, Athlon XP,
512MB RAM DDR, 30GB disk... blablabla...

Well, the Windows 2k OS fails to boot after a long time powered off, I've
been thinking of a hard failure, but now I'm gonna reinstall windows...
even when the PC was a recent buy, and the OS was installed just 2 weeks
ago.

Anybody has some similar case to tell me some place to look, been "playing"
and working with PCs for years... but never seen such a thing like this...

Thanks In Advance

Bernardo Clavijo

I have an Asrock board and this occurred a couple of times.Moved RAM
to next slot and all is well.For whatever reason the 1st RAM slot
didn't like my cheap genetic RAM.
HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de

Hard drive will not boot Dave General 1 March 9th 04 06:16 PM
isolating new clone drive for 1st bootup Timothy Daniels General 86 February 29th 04 03:37 PM
FIC or HIS for a 9600Pro? Phrederick General 8 December 16th 03 12:17 PM
Promise TX2 Ultra causes hang on boot CharlieB General 0 July 26th 03 01:02 AM
Hard drive that boots elsewhere refuses to boot in this machine Simon O'Connor General 9 July 22nd 03 06:34 AM