Intel chipsets are the most stable?

Old October 15th 04, 09:20 PM
Dave C.

"JK" wrote in message
We went through this already several times.

Yeah, you keep posting the same old tired lies, so I have to keep correcting
you. -Dave

Old October 15th 04, 09:21 PM
chrisv

JK wrote:

We went through this already several times.

Ahh. Intel/AMD flame wars. It brings back so many memories. 8) It
was more fun back in the Pentium/K6 days, though...

Old October 15th 04, 09:22 PM
JK

LOL! You are the one with the distorted viewpoint. It is annoying to
have to keep correcting you.

Old October 15th 04, 09:24 PM
JK

chrisv wrote:

JK wrote:

We went through this already several times.

Ahh. Intel/AMD flame wars. It brings back so many memories. 8) It
was more fun back in the Pentium/K6 days, though...

It was much more of a contest then then. Now AMD is beating Intel in desktop
performance by such a large margin.

Old October 15th 04, 10:04 PM
Dave C.

"JK" wrote in message
LOL! You are the one with the distorted viewpoint. It is annoying to
have to keep correcting you.

It's odd that all the experts agree with me. I guess everybody but you is
wrong, eh? -Dave

Old October 15th 04, 10:06 PM
Dave C.

We went through this already several times.

Ahh. Intel/AMD flame wars. It brings back so many memories. 8) It
was more fun back in the Pentium/K6 days, though...

Not really a flame war. Just a well-deserved smackdown of an obvious AMD
shill. I'm a huge AMD fan myself, but it's insane the way someone keeps
bashing Intel. Just seeking a little balance is all. -Dave

Old October 15th 04, 10:29 PM
dg

"JK" wrote in message
Alternative chips?

Yep. They are the alternative to Intel.

Who cares really, if a guy likes alternative chips and thinks they are a
better deal, so be it.

Again the term alternative chips?
Do you call a Rolls Royce or a Ferrari an alternative car?

No, but if somebody referred to the vegetable oil fueled cars as
"alternative fuel cars" I wouldn't object.

--Dan

Old October 15th 04, 10:54 PM
Ruel Smith

JK wrote:

Why is it that people who claim Intel chipsets are more stable, never
provide statistical proof to back up their statements? Perhaps it might be
that they can't find any.

I don't have any statistical data to back it up, but I can believe it. Many
technologies on the motherboard are Intel technologies, like the PCI bus.
It stands to reason that since they invented it and have honed it over the
years that they have a rock solid implementation of it. Their reputation
over such technolgies depends on it.

Old October 15th 04, 10:56 PM
JK

"Dave C." wrote:

We went through this already several times.

Ahh. Intel/AMD flame wars. It brings back so many memories. 8) It
was more fun back in the Pentium/K6 days, though...

Not really a flame war. Just a well-deserved smackdown of an obvious AMD
shill. I'm a huge AMD fan myself, but it's insane the way someone keeps
bashing Intel. Just seeking a little balance is all. -Dave

A little balance? What will balance the huge number of Intel ads that people
are bombarded with?