'New' build failure

Old March 17th 08, 10:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Ed Light

Default 'New' build failure

OK, I unplugged all the drives and I'm into the BIOS. Doh! Strange thing is,
the 'dead' system would boot with those drives, it just wouldn't install
Windows. At least I have a place to start now; I'll just keep adding drives
until it won't boot again. Nice to know my Opty is OK. :-)

Thank goodness. Let us know how it goes!

---
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
http://realnews.com

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org
http://antiwar.com

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.
Old March 18th 08, 04:32 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Bill Stock

I built a new system and moved the old MB/Ram/Video/CPU/PSU to a another
case with the Hard Drives from another system that died. The new system
works fine, but the moved parts won't boot up. I get to the boot screen, but
I can't get into the BIOS. The Num Lock on the Keyboard seems to work fine
at first, but then gets flakier as time goes on. The Caps Lock key does not
function at all. This keyboard was working fine when I was testing the new
build. The only thing I did to the moved parts was replace the CPU cooler.
My first thought is a CPU problem, but the system powers up and Resets fine.
Maybe a power issue?

So where to start looking?