CCL too careful for their own good

Old March 3rd 06, 05:22 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Default CCL too careful for their own good

Use a credit card to place an order, with a card that I've used
before. Because this order was for £1,400 and the last one for £40,
they would not deliver to my work address as they had done before.

Cancelled the order as I am not prepared to spend that sort of money
without credit card protection.

Their loss somebody else's gain.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old March 3rd 06, 06:28 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

"Dr Teeth" wrote in message
Use a credit card to place an order, with a card that I've used
before. Because this order was for £1,400 and the last one for £40,
they would not deliver to my work address as they had done before.

Cancelled the order as I am not prepared to spend that sort of money
without credit card protection.

Their loss somebody else's gain.

That time of the month again, Guy? Who are you going to buy from now? Is
there any online retailer left that meets your standards?

ts

Old March 3rd 06, 06:35 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Dr Teeth wrote:
Use a credit card to place an order, with a card that I've used
before. Because this order was for £1,400 and the last one for £40,
they would not deliver to my work address as they had done before.

Cancelled the order as I am not prepared to spend that sort of money
without credit card protection.

Maybe I'm reading that wrong, but how does not delivering to your work
address equate to no card protection? ISTM that it is an added protection.

Parish
Old March 3rd 06, 07:13 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

In article , Dr Teeth
says...
Use a credit card to place an order, with a card that I've used
before. Because this order was for £1,400 and the last one for £40,
they would not deliver to my work address as they had done before.

Cancelled the order as I am not prepared to spend that sort of money
without credit card protection.

It is a requirement of the credit card companies. Blame them.

--
Conor,

Same ****, different day.
Old March 3rd 06, 08:52 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Parish
opened his gob and said:

Maybe I'm reading that wrong, but how does not delivering to your work
address equate to no card protection?

I could only get delivery to my work addy if I paid using another
method. I will only pay by credit card for amounts £100.

If the company goes bust, I don't lose. The card company refunds the
monies.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old March 3rd 06, 08:57 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Dr Teeth wrote:
I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Parish
opened his gob and said:

ROFL - I like the attribution line :-)

Maybe I'm reading that wrong, but how does not delivering to your work
address equate to no card protection?

I could only get delivery to my work addy if I paid using another
method. I will only pay by credit card for amounts £100.

If the company goes bust, I don't lose. The card company refunds the
monies.

I see. You said you'd used the card before, and that they'd delivered to
your work address before; it read that they'd delivered to work when
you'd used your CC.

I agree with you about using a CC for large amounts.

Thanks for clarifying.

Parish
Old March 3rd 06, 09:43 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Parish
opened his gob and said:

Thanks for clarifying.

To reclarify g, I had used the same CC with them before. They have a
policy of the first order being delivered to the invoice addy, *then*
they will deliver to another addy. They had already delivered to my
work addy and could have done so this time.

The reason they wouldn't? This latest order was for much more money
than the last one.

My CC company also screwed up royally and their account will be
terminated when I get my new card in a couple of weeks.

Before you ask, the new card allows for a correspondence addy that is
different from the invoice/delivery addy.

Now that I have calmed down (takes me a while) I have simply changed
the CC addy and will reorder tomorrow; though I think CCL do need a
slapping.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old March 3rd 06, 10:23 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Dr Teeth wrote:

Before you ask, the new card allows for a correspondence addy that is
different from the invoice/delivery addy.

Egg cards are quite useful in that you can change the address online
instantly and this seems to be immediately updated on the card. I've
changed from my home address to my uni address and ordered stuff to my
uni address minutes later without problems.
Old March 3rd 06, 11:07 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

"ts" wrote in message

"Dr Teeth" wrote in message
Use a credit card to place an order, with a card that I've used
before. Because this order was for £1,400 and the last one for £40,
they would not deliver to my work address as they had done before.

Cancelled the order as I am not prepared to spend that sort of money
without credit card protection.

Their loss somebody else's gain.

That time of the month again, Guy? Who are you going to buy from now? Is
there any online retailer left that meets your standards?

ts

Actually, I predicted on 19 February that you would be badmouthing CCL in a
month but it's taken you less than two weeks! Irregular periods is it? How
can anyone take your rantings seriously? If we did, we'd all be down PCWorld
because all online vendors are crap.

ts

Old March 4th 06, 11:25 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

In article , Dr Teeth
says...

The reason they wouldn't? This latest order was for much more money
than the last one.

Which is a perfectluy valid reason as a sudden large purchase is
usually an indicator of fraud, especially if not sent to the cards
registered address.

--
Conor,

Same ****, different day.