The Constitution of the United States

Old July 13th 03, 06:03 AM
Madra Rua

Agreed Woodu.

The Republicans are pushing this as hard as they can, with an election
coming next year. I read here in central CA that the Feds offered some
cities financial help with their 4 July celebrations, if they had a strong
Iraq theme. Disgusting vermin !!!!!!!!!! Their souls were sold long ago.

Rua

"WooduCoodu" wrote in message
Well, I live in the US and I think you should either limit it to

appropriate
groups or stop posting this stuff.

Old August 6th 03, 07:20 AM
J.D.

Yeah, cut foreign aid. That's it. Wouldn't the tune change then. Oh,
and by the way, the french should bathe more. I can't get within 20
feet of them. We should have let the Nazis take their snooty nose
attitude, too.

So go **** youself, Pierre.

Another Patriotic American who can think for himself.
Old August 6th 03, 07:23 AM
J.D.

Well said.
Old August 6th 03, 03:42 PM
DJ

Quite right you could be nice and insular the Germans would have been first
in space had the first atom bomb and they may well have let the Japs have
one as well. after all the Americans took werner von Braun and conveniently
forgot his war crimes just to get his missile technology the only country
that really loves the USA is the USA and your aid hungry friend Israel
America is great if you are wealthy I lived there for a coupla years!
"J.D." wrote in message
Well said.

Old August 7th 03, 10:11 AM
h2so4

Oscar Wilde said of America that it was the only country to have gone from
barbarity to decadence without an intervening period of civilisation.
Personally, I've always regarded Wilde's judgement to be a trifle harsh as I
have several American friends who are quite civilised..

Old August 7th 03, 12:56 PM
Frank Hagan

"h2so4" wrote in message
Oscar Wilde said of America that it was the only country to have gone from
barbarity to decadence without an intervening period of civilization.
Personally, I've always regarded Wilde's judgment to be a trifle harsh as

have several American friends who are quite civilized..

Of course Oscar was a "person of an alternate lifestyle" (How's that for PC)
who lived in (GASP) England and died at a relatively early age from
dissolute living. When speaking of America I prefer to quote Winston
Churchill who said, "England and America are two countries separated by a
common language" That was a perceptive gentleman with a very dry sense of
humor. We could use more like him today. Just my two cents or pence worth.

FRH

Old August 7th 03, 05:05 PM
Nick Hogg

nice. and here's one from Mark Twain:

"The average American may not know who his grandfather was. But the American
was, however, one degree better off than the average Frenchman who, as a
rule, was in considerable doubt as to who his father was."