AMD 3200+ XP running hot?

Old June 15th 07, 07:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Codeman1

Default AMD 3200+ XP running hot?

I wanted to try and overclock my pc... but i got this program called
motherboard monitor 5 and it says my cpu is running at 73 degrees
celsisus!! that seems very high to me, and its running like that with 2
fans, one at 4500 rpm and one at 2500 rpm, its always been running like
this i guess, since it hasnt changed much for 2 weeks, i don't get any
lockups or freezing like alot of overheating cpus do...any
suggestions???

Old June 16th 07, 03:51 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Augustus

"Codeman1" wrote in message

I wanted to try and overclock my pc... but i got this program called
motherboard monitor 5 and it says my cpu is running at 73 degrees
celsisus!! that seems very high to me, and its running like that with 2
fans, one at 4500 rpm and one at 2500 rpm, its always been running like
this i guess, since it hasnt changed much for 2 weeks, i don't get any
lockups or freezing like alot of overheating cpus do...any
suggestions???

Ambient room temp? Case fans, flow and ventilation? Stock hs/f on the
XP3200+ ?
My wife's XP2500+ clocked at XP3200+ speeds(2250Mhz) with a Vantec Aeroflow
and 2 case fans never goes over 50-52C. And that's max for her CPU with
modest overvolting and a decent cooler. It's kind of pointless to o/c an
actual XP3200+ since they are close to max already. Gains will be small
(100Mhz or so at best), and seat of the pants feel will be zero.

Old June 16th 07, 08:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Ed Light

While Athlon XP's won't die at that temperature, they can make little
errors. They shouldn't go over 60C max.

--
Ed Light

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org
http://antiwar.com

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old June 16th 07, 08:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Paul

Codeman1 wrote:
I wanted to try and overclock my pc... but i got this program called
motherboard monitor 5 and it says my cpu is running at 73 degrees
celsisus!! that seems very high to me, and its running like that with 2
fans, one at 4500 rpm and one at 2500 rpm, its always been running like
this i guess, since it hasnt changed much for 2 weeks, i don't get any
lockups or freezing like alot of overheating cpus do...any
suggestions???

I would be tempted to change temp monitor programs. Or
verify the setting that MBM5 is currently using.

If you cannot find the livewiredev.com site anymore, there is an
archived copy of it here. Chances are, someone may be hosting
what remains of the site, but for my purposes, this page is
good enough for now.

http://web.archive.org/web/200605191...vewiredev.com/

Paul
Old June 18th 07, 07:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
SpamBox[_2_]

Or try SpeedFan http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Old June 18th 07, 01:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Dave Ryman

"SpamBox" wrote in newswpdi.1079$3j1.789@newsfe6-
gui.ntli.net:

"Paul" wrote in message news:f502ri$b9v$1

@aioe.org...
Codeman1 wrote:
[...]

We have AMD Athlon 3000+ running at 61 deg C, which I thought was damned
hot. We would fit a better cooling fan to the CPU, but it's difficult to
see how it would fit with the current layout in the case. 61 freaks me
out - 73 would really freak me out!

--
Regards,
Dave