video card in 930950 motherboard

Old October 10th 03, 03:59 PM

Dear Destinywlf:

Some other things to consider.

Since you do a lot of surfing, you are probably picking up a lot of spyware,
adware, and tracking cookies. If you don't run cleaner programs, they could
be causing some of your problems.

If you regularly clean out the spyware, adware, etc., don't read any
farther.

If you don't clean these things out, get a copy of ad-aware (6.0 is the
current release) (www.lavasoftusa.com/), and run it. It will find SOME
tracking cookies. Get a copy of Patrick Kolla's "Spybot search & destroy"
(1.2 is the current release). (www.security.kolla.de) Both of these programs
are free-ware. There are others, some free and some not, but the reviews on
these two are favorable.

You need to run both programs. If you never run these cleaner programs, you
will be shocked at the number of tracking devices that are in your computer.

Practice safe tinkering and always wear a grounding strap.

View the UPDATED FAQ for alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

Old October 11th 03, 12:39 AM
destinywlf

yep i watch that stuff closer than viruses. that stuff can sneek in better
than any virus. I use both those programs. thanks tho. spyware can quickly
slow a system down or make it crash. i also use spywareblaster
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html. and i have zonealrm.
its saved me from installing garbage a couple times. anyways I think ill
take the gamble and see what happens ive upgraded everything else on here
that can be done so. this is the only thing left;-) I thank both you and
elector for your response on my question. I will let you all know how it
goes when i do it

Old October 11th 03, 12:54 AM
destinywlf

"Elector" wrote in message

"destinywlf" wrote in message
main reason I want to upgrade is anytime. I view videos or anything

video
intensive it will freeze at times. also software that checks your

video ram
usually wont install it sees 2 mb and usually most requires 16 mb.

speed
test I get at dslreports are usually about 3.2 mb upload about 380

kb. far
as web surfing e-mail the system runs smoothly and running rhapsody

runs
great to problems. anything that requires video support cant handle

it even
in 98 when this system was purchase 2mb I feel was way under what

they
should've put on it. my friend would bring games over and they

mouse would
freeze. and the games would move ultra slow. I don't want a gaming

system
by any means. it would be a waste to even think I could make this

system
run games. I just want it to do internet stuff decently. would a

video
using a video card help thsi?? I do want to get a new system but

even 500 to
get a new system is more than the 70 im looking at for this card.

when i do
get a new sytem least then i could set this box up for a nice sytem

for my
coisins kids to fool around with or put it in my room for e-mail a

nd some
web browsing and mp3s or something. so will this upgrade accomplish

what i
want it to do better??

destinywlf:

Symptoms you describe can be anything from not enough ram to not
enough video ram or not a fast enough processor. And that is just
touching the basics. You can also factor in such things as "do you
have the latest drivers for your video'? "do you use the latest
versions of the software to watch videos"? (Media Player 9, and or
WinDvd, Or Power Dvd, or other such programs. I think Real has a
player called Real One) Then there is also the possibility of
conflicts with other programs or .dlls in the system.

The possibilities are endless. 2MB however in the older machines were
perfect since the technology of 10 years ago that was more than what
you needed in your systems. Over the last 10 years the net has geared
towards the newer, faster, better video and audio and its being
gobbled up faster than corn by chickens. I also have the Rhapsody
service under broad band but my system has audio and video that runs
into the hundreds of dollars. My main system with its devices run well
over $6,000.00 but in today's market what I paid big money for over
the years is now probably worth $2500.00 quite a step down I would
say.

The video card is a basic upgrade. It is an easy upgrade and it can
only improve the overall performance of your system if the other
components can handle the additional device.

Its a gamble as I have told you in over seven replies in this thread.

Elector

will I think i will go for it. least i understan the risks and can only
hope for the best. Ive bitched a great deal about this machine but really
its treated me will Ive pushed it to run xp. run a 60 gig hard drive. and
it does this stuff way better than the webtv I had before it. ive went to
peoples houses and used sytems they got way after mine and its been a pain
to even update there windows 98. ive never downloaded a update and not had
it go smoothly. anyways hopefully it improves it even more. if not oh will
least i tried. when i get it and install the card ill let you know how it
went
Nathan

Old October 11th 03, 12:58 AM
Elector

[...]

And I will be right here waiting to hear how you made out in the
upgrade.

Elector

Old October 11th 03, 02:55 PM

"destinywlf" wrote

yep i watch that stuff closer than viruses. that stuff can sneek in better
than any virus. I use both those programs. thanks tho. spyware can quickly
slow a system down or make it crash. i also use spywareblaster
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html. and i have zonealrm.
its saved me from installing garbage a couple times. anyways I think ill
take the gamble and see what happens ive upgraded everything else on here
that can be done so. this is the only thing left;-) I thank both you and
elector for your response on my question. I will let you all know how it
goes when i do it

============
Good luck! As long as you can avoid a "state of havoc and confusion", you
will be okay.

Old October 14th 03, 02:17 AM

Destinywlf -- thanks -- I will pass that along to Johnny. He's been lurking
lately. Just avoid that "state of havoc and confusion", you will be okay.

Old October 14th 03, 11:20 AM
Elector

Unmunged another time huh troll. Well as long as you stayed where you
belong you were safe troll. Destinywlf, the replier "G" is the troll
of this news group. Anyone else that is reading this please kill file
this proven liar, proven phony, and piece of garbage. I have added it
again to another kill file and decided to answer this one time.

A. Grayson Walker is a troll, kook poster. It has no computer skills
and runs no international company. It has no Ph.D and never had if you
want the full particulars ask here and I will send you more
information on this lying troll, kook, low life.

Send your complaints to Robb at FDN.COM

Elector

"G" wrote in message
Destinywlf -- thanks -- I will pass that along to Johnny. He's been

lurking
lately. Just avoid that "state of havoc and confusion", you will be

okay.

Practice safe tinkering and always wear a grounding strap.

Lies removed from this tag line.

From: "G"
Newsgroups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Subject: video card in 930950 motherboard
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:17:30 -0400

Old October 15th 03, 07:15 PM
Elector

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:20:08 -0400, "G" had this to say and I had
to reply to it:

:estinywlf: Please ignore and excuse the inappropriate behavior of elector.
snip your proven lies again kook

Never let it be said Elector cannot back up any claim I make. Read all the below and see the type
of moronic idiot and troll this A.

Grayson Walker is and send your complaints to robb at fdn.com and tell them to get rid of this
proven liar and kook and proven phony.

These few URLs will give you some back ground into what sort of person this A.Grayson Walker III
fellow is like. Please note that the

business he likes to say he is President of is a home business for tax dodging. and the official
records can be found he

http://tinyurl.com/hfcb or under the official web site

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet...ASSOCIATES&r5=
and please download and view the financial records and reports. It is a sham company. Please note
that all the principals are given the

title of "Dr." kind of funny huh?

These posts are to just get you thinking.

http://tinyurl.com/hf5e
http://tinyurl.com/hf5h
http://tinyurl.com/hf5l
http://tinyurl.com/hf5p
http://tinyurl.com/hf5v
http://tinyurl.com/hf5y
http://tinyurl.com/hf62
http://tinyurl.com/hf65
http://tinyurl.com/hf6a
http://tinyurl.com/hf6c
http://tinyurl.com/hf6i
http://tinyurl.com/hf6r
http://tinyurl.com/hf6t
http://tinyurl.com/hf6y
http://tinyurl.com/hf74
http://tinyurl.com/hf76

Now these posts are more on the money and can give you greater insight to what type of person
your dealing with. In a nut shell 100% kook, and proven liar, note the changing of the posting name
to annoy and evade others.

http://tinyurl.com/hf7n The First Post."A.Grayson Walker III"

http://tinyurl.com/hf7r Note its posting as "G"

http://tinyurl.com/hf7s Note that it now morps into a "PAL Androne" and steals my posting name of
elector.

http://tinyurl.com/hf7w Now its using three morph names which he changes my elector to elctra.
Class act huh?

http://tinyurl.com/hf80 And this link is really fun to read. Enjoy. He was using the Presidents
domain in his address.

http://tinyurl.com/hf88 Note it likes to dog others posts. Yep A. Grayson walker is a real class
act.

http://tinyurl.com/hf8e

http://tinyurl.com/hf8l And he agains changes his posting name.

http://tinyurl.com/hf8r Here Kook Walker is attacking or trying to attack METRONID's answers on
the group.

http://tinyurl.com/hf8x Here Kook Walker is giving wrong information and fighting with three
regulars on the answer he gave.

http://tinyurl.com/hf90 Now he changes his posting name again to "RTFM" but it is on topic.

http://tinyurl.com/hf99 Now its back to the "G" posting name. Having fun yet?

http://tinyurl.com/hf9g Two of the regulars waiting for the "G" poster to back up his wrong
information. It never came.

http://tinyurl.com/hf9j When he noticed he was not winning the flame war he created his own group.
But look at the site. You won't be amused. Still laughing? Good read on.

http://tinyurl.com/hfa6 And this one is really fun reading. Bad information from A. Grayson Walker
and then he fights with six regulars over the bad advice he gave. Gee this is fun.

http://tinyurl.com/hfad And this was an off topic post again from that nut job proven liar & kook
A. Grayson Walker.

http://tinyurl.com/hfaj Now this one is great reading. If you have any time to read today read
this thread. Enjoy.

http://tinyurl.com/hfao Another long and enjoyable post. But read it and laugh.

http://tinyurl.com/hfaw Short and sweet. Shows to the background of this kook, A. Grayson Walker
III

http://tinyurl.com/hfaz And this one speaks for its self. Enjoy.

http://tinyurl.com/hfb2 And this one is the best yet. An off topic post to incite the many posters
from the United Kingdom that use the group for help with their computers. Packard Bell is not in
the USA any longer but in the UK. A. Grayson Walker III is a real class act, huh? He is a bigot as
well as a phony. Ask for the Ph.D proof he claims he has from a Georgia University at Athens. He
doesn't have it. Check for yourself.

And for a real laugh look at FDN's acceptable use policy and see that they see he breaks many of
the provisions but they allow the kook to continue. Again send your complaints of this kook to robb
at fdn.com
http://www.fdncommunications.com/img...eusepolicy.pdf

The above speaks all the truth you need to read. Its a PROVEN LIAR, KOOK, AND PHONY. PROVEN is the
key word here and the troll cannot escape it. Ask the questions of this troll and see for yiour
self.

Elector