Old PB450M+ Help Needed

Old September 28th 03, 11:49 AM
Elector

"Cledith SHJ Girard a.k.a. "*"" wrote in message
are they "hot swapable"?

the ones I bought are.
There made/sold under the name "Genica"
the box has a web site under that name, its a www."".com site.

Well this is many years ago now, so lets see they were made I believe
by Syncom which was no help since numerous companies come up under
that name.
But yes they were hot swappable. In fact my friend came over and set
them up and they worked pretty well at first. It was the fact that at
the time I think because of the other devices on the chain (Ribbon)
that may have caused the problems. After they were set in the racks
and bolted down and then you had to lock and unlock them with a key
and then remove them for different OS and or different sets of data,
it was just a royal pain.

Today I use the USB Thumb Drives between the computers and they are
much faster and stable then the latter. And have a 10 year life span.
Not bad I would say.

They are (Removable drive bays) in their original boxes and in the
attic with the rest of the memories of my computers over the years. Ha
ha

Elector

Old October 1st 03, 05:32 AM
Cledith SHJ Girard a.k.a. \*\

"Elector" wrote in message

[...]

no atic, still have a huge collection of PC's rangeing from my favorite
Atari 130XE to a few other old 8-bit pc's and 2x 486's 25/50 mhz 1x XT
1x286 ?mhz and this pentium 166mhz witch I'll be upgradeing to a 233 by
this weekend.
only this system and my Atari are still setup, I still have BBS software
setup on my atari.

Old October 1st 03, 11:41 AM
Elector

"Cledith SHJ Girard a.k.a. "*"" wrote in message
snip
no atic, still have a huge collection of PC's rangeing from my

favorite
Atari 130XE to a few other old 8-bit pc's and 2x 486's 25/50 mhz

1x XT
1x286 ?mhz and this pentium 166mhz witch I'll be upgradeing to a

233 by
this weekend.
only this system and my Atari are still setup, I still have BBS

software
setup on my atari.

Hi Skydevil:

My lord that is a long time ago, an Atari. It reminds me of my TI
coupler system that used thermal paper. I have heard some folks still
keep their old Vic 64's.
In the old days I was an operator for the state and we just moved over
from an old Sperry Univac to the Honeywell. Back then it was not
personal computers but "time sharing" and I remember when Microsoft
had their first service for $4.95 a month (I had it) and AOL, Prodigy,
and CompuServe were the dial up providers of choice outside of the old
BBS. In fact I still have the old disks for the WOW Internet service
that never got off the ground. I posted on CompuServe for many
expensive years both in the Packard Bell Forum and many others. Of
course this was way before AOL stuck their hands into the service and
ruined it.

So we do go back a ways !

Elector

Old October 1st 03, 07:49 PM
Drydem

"Elector" wrote in message

[...]

What do you use your Atari for?
Old October 3rd 03, 03:37 AM
Cledith SHJ Girard a.k.a. \*\

well, not much right now, I've been considering playing some games on it
lately, because most of the games on these clone systems eather cost way too
much and other then sharper graphics and faster cpu speeds, the games seem
perty lame, I can hook up a null modem between this PB and my atari and
access/play files useing an atari emulator/terminal program.

om...