Nero 6 is On Sale!

Old July 13th 03, 06:04 PM
SleeperMan

Default Nero 6 is On Sale!

wrote:
Got mine at Best Buy yesterday. I like the new interface and software
options.

Not officially. I hope you didn't get some Beta...

Old July 13th 03, 10:35 PM
Howard Kaikow

I have Nero 5, no need to unload InCD to burn regular CD.

--
http://www.standards.com/; Howard Kaikow's web site.
"Never anonymous Bud" wrote in message
Separating himself from Baghdad Bob, "SleeperMan"

whined:

wrote:
Got mine at Best Buy yesterday. I like the new interface and software
options.

Not officially. I hope you didn't get some Beta...

While Ahead says July 18th, all the major retailers are already selling

it.

The major improvement, from my perspective,
is that you DON'T need to unload InCD before burning regular CDs.

Now I can drag and drop files from DVD-RW disks straight to a CD.

To reply by email, remove the XYZ.

It's your SIG, say what you want to say....

Old July 14th 03, 12:53 AM
Steve Vukelich

The label options include: Pick your own text, add current (or any) date,
add seession #, add disk #. Can save for Joliet too. Current burn speed and
read speed are shown as disk is being written.

From: Steve Vukelich (Sun, 13 Jul 2003 12:44:34 GMT)
MsgId: nk.net

Got mine at Best Buy yesterday. I like the new interface
and software options.

Does it save options differently for SVCD burning vs. ISO burning? It has
always been somewhat irritating to me. I always burn SVCD's in basic
ISO-9660 format (no long filenames, no ascii, mode 2), but I always burn
ISO discs in Mode 1, long filenames, joliet, ascii. I have to keep

changing
the options as I go back and forth because it stores one set of options

for
all types of discs.

It is nice not to have to hack the registry to display current burn speed.

I've always wished in 5.5.xx that I didn't have to scroll down the list of
disc types. SVCD is off the screen and it won't let me drag that icon up

the top. It'd be nice if I could drag the most used icons to the top for
easy access.

Whenever Joliet is checked on the ISO screen, the ISO label should be used
for the Joliet label. If someone wants to use a different one, they can
uncheck the option on the Label screen and supply the alternate label.

These things would help a person get in, burn, and get out. Are any of

them
addressed in Nero 6?

Old July 14th 03, 12:55 PM
Peter van der Goes

"SleeperMan" wrote in message
Got mine at Best Buy yesterday. I like the new interface and software
options.

Not officially. I hope you didn't get some Beta...

What I saw in a local Best Buy yesterday is a complete new retail package
for v6. I suspect Ahead shipped early and the chains are trying to be first,
thus garnering a lot of impulse buys.
I noted the $99.95 US price vs. the $69.95 download price and decided the
pretty box and CD labeling tool wasn't worth an extra $30. Is there anything
else in the retail package that will not be in the download?

Old July 14th 03, 01:06 PM
Howard Kaikow

I've not tried that yet.

--
http://www.standards.com/; Howard Kaikow's web site.
"Never anonymous Bud" wrote in message
Separating himself from Baghdad Bob, "Howard Kaikow"

whined:

I have Nero 5, no need to unload InCD to burn regular CD.

If you have 2 drives, and one has an RW disk in it,
you need to take that disk out in order to burn regular CDs.

The newer InCD fixed that.

Old July 14th 03, 03:24 PM
dgk

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:53:39 GMT, "Steve Vukelich"
wrote:

The label options include: Pick your own text, add current (or any) date,
add seession #, add disk #. Can save for Joliet too. Current burn speed and
read speed are shown as disk is being written.

Does it stop butchering the track names for audio CDs? I can't figure
out what the current version is doing to the track names. Any
delimiter other than a space is assumed to be separating the performer
from the title and it strips it off. I can't find any way around it
and have stopped using Nero.
Old July 14th 03, 11:29 PM
Reinhard Schimek

wrote:

The label options include: Pick your own text, add current (or any) date,
add seession #, add disk #. Can save for Joliet too. Current burn speed and
read speed are shown as disk is being written.

Does it stop butchering the track names for audio CDs? I can't figure
out what the current version is doing to the track names. Any
delimiter other than a space is assumed to be separating the performer
from the title and it strips it off. I can't find any way around it
and have stopped using Nero.

dgk,

From what I observe, Nero reads mp3 tags(ID3 v1) first ; if the mp3
tag does not exist, it will use the file name as the track name...
if version 6 reads version 2 of mp3 tag that would be great. The
title name in the first version of the mp3 tag is pretty limited..

I was also looking a way to change this, but I could not find it either.

hope it helps,
Reinhard

Old July 16th 03, 02:36 PM
dgk

wrote:

The label options include: Pick your own text, add current (or any) date,
add seession #, add disk #. Can save for Joliet too. Current burn speed and
read speed are shown as disk is being written.

Does it stop butchering the track names for audio CDs? I can't figure
out what the current version is doing to the track names. Any
delimiter other than a space is assumed to be separating the performer
from the title and it strips it off. I can't find any way around it
and have stopped using Nero.

dgk,

From what I observe, Nero reads mp3 tags(ID3 v1) first ; if the mp3
tag does not exist, it will use the file name as the track name...
if version 6 reads version 2 of mp3 tag that would be great. The
title name in the first version of the mp3 tag is pretty limited..

I was also looking a way to change this, but I could not find it either.

hope it helps,
Reinhard

I was referring to dragging wav files from the explorer into the audio
track window. If something is named xyz_1_04 it will end up as 1_04.
Only sometimes. 103-Big_Hit will end up as Big_Hit. Someone wrote a
few weeks back that it started with version 5.0.15 or somewhere around
there. I have an older version that doesn't do this but the newer ones
do. Very annoying.

Yamaha CR3200S Fails Nero CD-DVD Speed Test- Error No Seek Complete (030200) devilboy General 3 November 29th 04 11:22 PM
Yamaha CR3200S Fails Nero CD-DVD Speed Test- Error No Seek Complete (030200) devilboy Homebuilt PC's 3 November 29th 04 11:22 PM
Troubles with Nero 5.5.6.4 and Multisession Cd Roberto General 0 November 1st 03 09:08 PM
LG CDRW & Nero 5.5.9.9? smh Cdr 1 July 10th 03 04:55 AM
I need help storing files with Nero HBYardSale Cdr 0 June 26th 03 08:51 PM