HP 6110: 3 in 1, paper tray broken

Old January 1st 12, 08:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
W. eWatson[_2_]

Default HP 6110: 3 in 1, paper tray broken

A friend no longer needed his HP, and asked me if I might find a use. I
might, so I took it. He cautioned me the top tray has some piece inside
that's broken. It's where the printed pages appear. It, however, causes
no problems--yet. He did say if the other corresponding piece breaks,
say putting a heavy book on it for some reason, then it may make the
tray unusable.

He's very good at fixing things, but he couldn't fix this one readily,
and has gone on to a newer printer. Anyone familiar with the problem, or
have any ideas how to proceed? I have no plans to put a barbell on the
tray.
Old January 2nd 12, 01:21 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
W. eWatson[_2_]

On 1/1/2012 12:33 PM, W. eWatson wrote:
A friend no longer needed his HP, and asked me if I might find a use. I
might, so I took it. He cautioned me the top tray has some piece inside
that's broken. It's where the printed pages appear. It, however, causes
no problems--yet. He did say if the other corresponding piece breaks,
say putting a heavy book on it for some reason, then it may make the
tray unusable.

He's very good at fixing things, but he couldn't fix this one readily,
and has gone on to a newer printer. Anyone familiar with the problem, or
have any ideas how to proceed? I have no plans to put a barbell on the
tray.

Apparently, it's not where the paper comes out, but where one feeds in
blank sheets.
Old January 2nd 12, 10:58 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

W. eWatson wrote:
On 1/1/2012 12:33 PM, W. eWatson wrote:
A friend no longer needed his HP, and asked me if I might find a use. I
might, so I took it. He cautioned me the top tray has some piece inside
that's broken. It's where the printed pages appear. It, however, causes
no problems--yet. He did say if the other corresponding piece breaks,
say putting a heavy book on it for some reason, then it may make the
tray unusable.

He's very good at fixing things, but he couldn't fix this one readily,
and has gone on to a newer printer. Anyone familiar with the problem, or
have any ideas how to proceed? I have no plans to put a barbell on the
tray.

Apparently, it's not where the paper comes out, but where one feeds in
blank sheets.

I think that's a fairly common weakness, our HP7310's sheet feeder
(for the ADF rather than blank sheets) has a similar problem, anything
put/dropped on top of the printer tends to break this. Our cat used
to sit on it which didn't help! :-)

In the end, before it got seriously damaged, I built a rather amateur
support with two large clips on the sides of the printer with a bar
between them supporting the ADF tray. This didn't interfere with
paper coming out underneath but did mean that anything sitting on the
ADF tray was supported directly rather than bending it at the base
where it clipped into the main structure of the printer.

--
Chris Green
Old January 2nd 12, 05:56 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
W. eWatson[_2_]

On 1/2/2012 2:58 AM, wrote:
W. wrote:
[...]

Good idea. I use something like that for hanging a birdhouse on a pole.
Thanks.

Laserjet 5 - load paper message with paper still in the tray. Doki Printers 14 April 17th 08 08:04 AM
HP 7760 broken tray control Duff Printers 1 December 22nd 07 08:58 PM
paper tray for HP 4050 Phil Printers 3 December 1st 05 06:36 PM
HP 6110, HP Office Jet 6110 - Copy problem. Please help. Thanks Joe Donaldson Printers 2 July 15th 04 01:50 PM
LJ 4 plus Paper Jam if no Paper in tray Bastian Kruse Printers 0 July 18th 03 10:15 PM