About to make first purchase to an online company Overclockers.co.uk do they have a good rep?

Old August 8th 05, 03:18 PM

Default About to make first purchase to an online company Overclockers.co.uk do they have a good rep?

I am about to purchase this from Overclockers.co.uk, and would like
your opinion on how reputatble a firm are they?

I will use a credit card etc.

Does anyone have any major issues with them in recent times? Or are
they as good/ bad as the competition?

"
Titan Vantage" AMD Athlon 64 3500+ System (FS-004-OK)

- AMD Athlon 64 3500+
- AMD approved cooler
- MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Ultra PCI-Express Motherboard
- GeIL 1GB Value (2x512MB) DDR PC3200 CAS2.5 Dual Channel Kit
- 250GB Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 16mb Cache SATA 150 Hard Drive
- Leadtek nVidia GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card
- NEC ND3540 16x DVD=B1RW Dual Layer ReWriter
- Onboard 6 Channel Audio
- Floppy Drive
- Arctic Cooling Silentium Silent Midi Tower Case
- Seasonic True 350W Silent ATX Power Supply

Old August 8th 05, 04:21 PM
paul

Thanks for that, Blimey it seems both retailers that I have looked at
today, overclockers.co.uk and ecilipse-computers.com - have a really
bad reputation....

So does anyone know who is trust worthy? With good telephone support /
ordering?

Old August 8th 05, 04:49 PM
Trev

"paul" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for that, Blimey it seems both retailers that I have looked at
today, overclockers.co.uk and ecilipse-computers.com - have a really
bad reputation....

So does anyone know who is trust worthy? With good telephone support /
ordering?

Their all good Unless you have a problem.
The low prices are because you do the work fill out the order and delivery
notes Ect. This way they need not employ any staff except to parcel it up
and post it.
So when something goes wrong with what is Hundreds of orders a day their is
no one sat waiting for your call. this can be frustrating as you think your
the only person with a problem and expect preferred treatment and that who
ever picks up your call knows all about your order and what might be wrong
and fixes it there and then.
If you want someone to discus the merits of brand a over brand b and if it
will match your colour scheme try and find a local dealer and pay his asking
price.
If you know what you want and want the best price then order online and be
one of the thousands who receive their gods as ordered with out any problems
and never fill the internet with reports of How it all arrived on time as
ordered and worked as expected

Old August 8th 05, 05:05 PM
Derek Baker

oups.com...

http://www.romulus2.com/feedback/chart.php?1

--
Derek

Old August 8th 05, 05:23 PM
paul

Trev

Indeed, some very good points, thank you for your lengthly reply, which
has put my nerves to rest!

Derek

Brilliant, thanks for that link

Old August 8th 05, 06:22 PM
James Grabowski

paul wrote:

Thanks for that, Blimey it seems both retailers that I have looked at
today, overclockers.co.uk and ecilipse-computers.com - have a really
bad reputation....

I've had orders from both and they've been fine. I've had to return a
faulty hard disk to overclockers and I got a replacement in about a
week.
..
So does anyone know who is trust worthy? With good telephone support /
ordering?

If you're ordering on your credit card it doesn't really matter who you
use. They all provide roughly the same service as they all have to work
to similar margins to be competitive. You probably won't have any
problems but as long as you're reasonable most problems are resolved
quickly.

James
Old August 11th 05, 11:22 AM
paul

Well apparently the system is being dispatched today! So fingers
crossed - thank you all kindly for your excellent advice.