scan to samba share without additional software

Old January 10th 12, 03:29 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Thomas Boehm

Default scan to samba share without additional software

Hello group,

I'm looking for a MFP b&w laser printer (print/scan/fax) which allows
you to scan to one or more network shares without the use of any
additional software installed on one PC.

Most printers I found require an installed software or the use of an
TWAIN compatible scan program. I want to scan documents with a push of a
button on the printer to a network share on our SAMBA server. I don't
want to switch on an additional Windows PC to run some kind of "Scan
Manager".

Also, the printer should be ~€400 or less. Does anyone uses such a
printer? My Google searches were not really successful or I use the
wrong search terms. Also, most data sheets are written by sales persons
it seems...

Thanks for your answers
Thomas