Win7 Network Printer

Old December 16th 11, 05:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Will[_4_]

Default Win7 Network Printer

Hi Will,
at is not a domain machine and never was and I am the Administartor.

Are you running active directory then ? Not sure how that works.

Old December 17th 11, 03:07 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
hel

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 17:38:07 -0000, "Will"
wrote:

Hi Will,
at is not a domain machine and never was and I am the Administartor.

Are you running active directory then ? Not sure how that works.

Hi Will

no, I am not running "Active Directory" as this particular machine is
running Win 7 Premium and has a "Work" network.

Regards
Helmut

Old December 17th 11, 04:37 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

Frank Williams wrote:
On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 22:47:36 -0000, "Will"
wrote:

"hel" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 07:21:11 -0500, "David H. Lipman"

From: "hel"

Hi

I am running Win7 Premium 64 Bit.

Work Network wireless.

Network location: Work.

I try to connect a Printer to two XP machines but error message says
the right Driver could not be found.

If I open Word on my Win7 machine and click on "Find Printer" the
message says: The Active Directory Domain Service is currently not
available.

Would you have a solution to this problem?

Thank you for your help.
Regards
Helmut

Please restate your network.

What printer(s)
Who is hosting them
How are the printers put on the netoek

Thank you for your reoly.

Printer: HP 1005M

Host is Win7 Premium Machine

Wireless G Network with Router.

BTW: The nework is working fine and i am able to transfer files to all
Computers.

Thanks again.
Helmut

Your network isn't 'fine' - you can see you've no active directory - this is
a domain machine yes? (if not, it was!)
You may not have permissions to install local printer/s - either way David's
note above describes how to install a new one (not in
word!)

Yes and don't run W7 64bit there are stacks of warning about this and
bad driver support..

I have been running W7 64 bit for well over a year and have seen no such issues
with many printers and other devices, so far I have never failed to easily find
any driver I needed.
Tony

Old December 17th 11, 09:10 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Will[_4_]

wrote:

Hi Will,
at is not a domain machine and never was and I am the Administartor.

Are you running active directory then ? Not sure how that works.

Hi Will

no, I am not running "Active Directory" as this particular machine is
running Win 7 Premium and has a "Work" network.

Regards
Helmut

I'm sure your machine is set up perfectly then, so no problem/s.

Old December 18th 11, 12:48 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
hel

wrote:

Hi Will,
at is not a domain machine and never was and I am the Administartor.

Are you running active directory then ? Not sure how that works.

Hi Will

no, I am not running "Active Directory" as this particular machine is
running Win 7 Premium and has a "Work" network.

Regards
Helmut

I'm sure your machine is set up perfectly then, so no problem/s.

Yes Will

I just don't care about the message
..
Merry Christmas to you and your Family.

Helmut

Old December 19th 11, 03:35 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
hel

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 15:09:43 -0600, Joel wrote:

hel wrote:

Hi

I am running Win7 Premium 64 Bit.

Work Network wireless.

Network location: Work.

I try to connect a Printer to two XP machines but error message says
the right Driver could not be found.

If I open Word on my Win7 machine and click on "Find Printer" the
message says: The Active Directory Domain Service is currently not
available.

Would you have a solution to this problem?

Thank you for your help.
Regards
Helmut

1. Install the DRIVER on *both Win7 and WinXP

2. From the system the printer is connected to you tell it to SHARE

3. From the wireless system with driver already installed, you tell it to
ADD PRINTER and SEARCH for device from Network.

That's it! if the WinXP can network to Win7 then it should be able to
find the printer

Hi Joel

that's what I have done and the printing works perfectly on all
machines.

Only the message: "The Active Directory Domain Service is currently
not available", remains and nobody knows why.

Anyhow, merry Christmas to you!

Helmut
Old December 31st 11, 11:22 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Lon

On 12/15/2011 15:47, Will wrote:
wrote in message ...
[...]

He may simply have set up the computer as being an LDAP/Active Directory
networked computer. Unless there is a Domain Controller and the
computer getting the message has been joined to the Domain by an account
with sufficient credentials, the messages will continue.

If there are a number of systems in the network, it might be useful to
set up a workgroup. Reasonably sure the OP isnt in a domain or they
wouldnt be able to log into their system and use the network without a
domain type login DOMAIN\user

Old December 31st 11, 11:28 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Lon

wrote:

wrote in message ...
[...]

What version of Office are you running? This error could be a "Wordism"
as opposed to something wrong in your printer setup.

The proper way to print from Win7 to a non-domain XP owned printer is to
tell Win7 that the printer is local, not networked in Control Panel.
Then, for the "local" port, you tell it \\XPMACHINE\PRINTERNAME using
the UNC format.

Old December 31st 11, 11:29 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Lon

wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Haven't found anything that won't run with either VirtualPC or XPMode