Large Hard Disk 80 Gb Problem

Old August 2nd 03, 11:19 AM
Alejandro Salazar

Default Large Hard Disk 80 Gb Problem

Hi:

I have a huge problem with a Seagate ST380023A 80 Gb 7200 Rpm.

The hard drive was installed in a old Pentium II 350 Running Windows XP
whith DiskWizard and work fine for varius month.

Later, the motherboard of the Pentium II 350 crash.

When installing the drive in a Amd Atlon 1700 the drive is recognized a
287,36 Gb of capacity. At 287,36 Gb?????????

Yes, all the utilities that i have tried report the drive at 287,36 Gb and
when tried to reformat and repartitioning i receive errors. Partition Magic
and DiskWizard can make none.

When installing the drive in a Pentium 4 at 2.4 Ghz with a GigaByte
motherboard, this hang the motherboard when detecting hard drives. If
disable the hard drive detecting the motherboard hang again and not start.

When installing the drive in a very old Pentium MMX at 233 Mhz, thist can
not detect hard drive, but not hang, and when disable the hard drive
detection this start. Running DiskWizard in this machine found the disk and
report it at 287,36 Gb. I tried all options of DiskWizard and Dinamic Drive
Overlay and having none. Alwais, the drive is not recognized and the Pentium
4 at 2.4 Ghz hang at detecting drives. I tried again activating the 32 Gb
jumper and obtain the same result.

I have and external USB box for installing hard disc and when installing the
drive in this and connecting to the Pentium 4 at 2.4, this recogniced at
287,36 Gb and can not partition or reformat. DiskWizard not found the drive
in USB.

The Amd Atlon 1700 is not my computer and i don't have access to this
machine.

I think that i need a util that can rewrite the identification of the hard
drive, that restoring it at realy blank manufacturer state.

Any how a util what this, or a util that can restore the drive???? Any
idea????

Thank's for reading me and thank's a lot for respond.

Bye.

A-Trend ATC-2000 motherboard occasionally does not boot from the hard disk: what could be wrong? Jean Castonguay General 0 March 9th 05 02:11 PM
Hard disk upgrade in Dimension 8100 - how large can I go? Pat Dell Computers 2 September 7th 04 01:41 PM
Protable USB hard disk ma General 3 August 1st 04 02:28 AM
Hard disk problem mostafa General Hardware 1 June 11th 04 04:58 AM
Really bizarre hard disk problem forte agent General 6 September 6th 03 05:14 AM