Canon BJC-4300 failure

Old July 1st 03, 09:34 PM
M.Andrea

Default Canon BJC-4300 failure

Hi to all,

when i turn off my Canon BJC-4300 Ink-Jet printer, the priting head do not
return to the correct position on the right side of the slide but remains in
the cartridge replacement position in the centre of it.
The same thing happen when i turn on the printer: cartridge head do the self
cleaning process and after go to the cartridge replacement position and
emits a beep sound (at the same time the light flash).
Obviously the printer don't print and don't execute Demo Sheet, nozzle
check, cartridge cleaning... It seems to be died
I have tried to change ink cartridge, re-install printer and parallel port
driver.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance
Andrea

Old July 2nd 03, 02:41 PM
Lee Babcock

"M.Andrea" wrote:

Hi to all,

when i turn off my Canon BJC-4300 Ink-Jet printer, the priting head do not
return to the correct position on the right side of the slide but remains in
the cartridge replacement position in the centre of it.
The same thing happen when i turn on the printer: cartridge head do the self
cleaning process and after go to the cartridge replacement position and
emits a beep sound (at the same time the light flash).
Obviously the printer don't print and don't execute Demo Sheet, nozzle
check, cartridge cleaning... It seems to be died
I have tried to change ink cartridge, re-install printer and parallel port
driver.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance
Andrea

This can happen if the electronics in the print head have shorted. Try
either another print head unit or the large black cartridge with the
print head embedded in it.
Regards
Lee

Old July 3rd 03, 04:43 PM
Pkwan2

My 4300 has two problems:

1. A little spring at the parking area loosened off. This spring is
used to hold a small piece of plastic up. The symtom is the head
cannot park into the parking area, but keeps trying. I cannot remember
where the head ends up at. I used a tweezer to hook it back up to the
little plastic piece. Problem solved.

2. I have two clogged heads. Before I give up the printer (head too
expensive), I follow some hints from discussions and soak the head
with warm distilled water for two days ( may not need that long). It
works like new now.

Hope it help.

Peter