DELL M60 order

Old February 10th 04, 09:12 PM
Don

Default DELL M60 order

I took the plunge and went for the M60 after much consideration even with some of the negative comments concerning poor delivery and withdrawl of funds before delivery.

Machine is required for CAD/Graphics work.

Well I ordered it on 28 Jan with a quoted delivery of 7/10 days.

Build tracking on the internet was a handy tool and kept me up to date daily.

There were no hold ups from day 1.

Sales rep was very good, as I waited right up to 1/4 financial end before ordering. While I configured the machine on the Dell web I provided a faxed layout of my requirements when actually placing the order.

Notebook arrived yesterday, 9th Feb precisely as informed and funds were drawn from my account today. Very good service in all.

Machine is really nice. This is my first Laptop/Notebook which I want to last a number of years before its dated.

In all a very good service.

DJ

Old February 11th 04, 02:42 AM

I'm thinking of getting an M60 also. How long does the battery last
under normal operations?

Thanks.

Old February 11th 04, 05:17 AM
Don

from my very short experience 3.5 to 4 hours.

very smooth and quiet running also.

dj

Old February 11th 04, 03:49 PM
Hans S

The organic entity known as communicated the following:

[snip quoted HTML]

Please do not post in HTML.

And please do not quote HTML either.
Old February 11th 04, 08:15 PM
DJ

who's posting in HTML, not me

dj

wrote in message
Don writes:

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"

HTML HEAD
META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;

charset=iso-8859-1"
META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=GENERATOR

STYLE STYLE
HEAD
BODY
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2I took the plunge and went for the M60

after much
Don consideration even with some of the negative comments concerning

poor delivery
Don and withdrawl of funds before delivery./FONT/DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2/FONT /DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2Machine is required for CAD/Graphics
work. FONT/DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2/FONT /DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2Well I ordered it on 28 Jan with a quoted

delivery
Don of 7/10 days. /FONT/DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2/FONT /DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2Build tracking on the internet was a handy

tool and
Don kept me up to date daily./FONT/DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2/FONT /DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2There were no hold ups from day

1./FONT/DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2/FONT /DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2Sales rep was very good, as I waited right

up to
1 4 financial end before ordering. While I configured the machine on

the Dell
Don web I provided a faxed layout of my requirements when actually

placing the
order. FONT/DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2/FONT /DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2Notebook arrived yesterday, 9th Feb

precisely as
Don informed and funds were drawn from my account today. Very good

service in
all. FONT/DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2/FONT /DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2Machine is really nice. This is my first
Laptop Notebook which I want to last a number of years before its
dated. FONT/DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2/FONT /DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2In all a very good service./FONT/DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2/FONT /DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2DJ/FONT/DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2/FONT /DIV
DIV FONT face=Arial size=2/FONT /DIV/BODY/HTML

Please do not post in HTML.

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

Old February 11th 04, 08:42 PM
Ogden Johnson III

"DJ" wrote:

who's posting in HTML, not me

dj

No, it was your "Don" sock-puppet in
text and HTML. Stupid sock-puppet.
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.