Is nvidia cheating

Old June 4th 04, 04:37 AM
wired and confused

Default Is nvidia cheating

I been reading alot reports that nvidia is not following Direct X 9 truly.
That there only doing minimun unlike ati .While ati has full support for the
spec and nvidia is not following full spec.

Old June 4th 04, 05:08 AM
ec

"wired and confused" wrote in message
I been reading alot reports that nvidia is not following Direct X 9 truly.
That there only doing minimun unlike ati .While ati has full support for

the
spec and nvidia is not following full spec.

ATi is not following the full spec. Only NVIDIA support true FP32 and SM
3.0, THE spec for 9.0c.

Old June 4th 04, 05:56 AM
wired and confused

I keep finding test results on old drivers saying they used 16 fp not the 24
or the 32 constant . Does the 56.72 implement this.

Old June 4th 04, 12:39 PM
Dark Avenger

"ec" wrote in DASvc.38422$oi5.22578@fed1read07:

"wired and confused" wrote in message
I been reading alot reports that nvidia is not following Direct X 9
truly. That there only doing minimun unlike ati .While ati has full
support for

the
spec and nvidia is not following full spec.

ATi is not following the full spec. Only NVIDIA support true FP32 and SM
3.0, THE spec for 9.0c.

Directx 9.0b only says that 24bits rendering is needed.

And Directx 9.0c ...well...rumors..rumors..rumors...till not much support to
belief that DirectX 9.0c ever will come!

After all Microsoft is working on DirectX NEXT! ( DX10 ) and yes..that
probably has 32bits rendering by then ati has the X500 ready and ..has
32bits rendering!

Old June 4th 04, 12:43 PM
Dark Avenger

"wired and confused" wrote in
eiTvc.40176$3x.4230@attbi_s54:

"ec" wrote in message
newsASvc.38422$oi5.22578@fed1read07...

It's simple, the FX line can do both 16bits as 32bits precision... DirectX
9.0 asks atleast 24bits to be called Directx9!

Now, the problem with the FX line was that when it did 32bits precision in
many cases it became utterly slow, while ati with 24bits precision just ran
fine....

So in the drivers they used the 16bits variant to ligthen the
workload...meaning going UNDER the specifications of Directx9...and even
though in many cases it looked almost the same..it wasn't par with Directx9
:-)

All that while Ati just kept on doing 24bits....

Oh and Directx 9.0c doesn't comes, it's just a try to discredit ati so that
is looks like nvidia made a good choice with 32bits rendering... the only
reason why we have Directx 9.0b is because 9.0 had a bug.....

So no, untill directx 10 shows up there is no need for 32bits rendering!
Old June 4th 04, 04:25 PM
ec

"Dark Avenger" wrote in message
"ec" wrote in DASvc.38422$oi5.22578@fed1read07:

"wired and confused" wrote in message
I been reading alot reports that nvidia is not following Direct X 9
truly. That there only doing minimun unlike ati .While ati has full
support for

the
spec and nvidia is not following full spec.

ATi is not following the full spec. Only NVIDIA support true FP32 and SM
3.0, THE spec for 9.0c.

Directx 9.0b only says that 24bits rendering is needed.

And Directx 9.0c ...well...rumors..rumors..rumors...till not much support

belief that DirectX 9.0c ever will come!

After all Microsoft is working on DirectX NEXT! ( DX10 ) and yes..that
probably has 32bits rendering by then ati has the X500 ready and ..has
32bits rendering!

DX 9.0c is release candidate and will launch with XP SP2 which is imminent.

Old June 4th 04, 08:22 PM
wired and confused

So when can we expect to run our cards with fp 32 I want this so I can have
the best vid card If not then ati will beat nvidia fx line. To be called
9.0 .

Old June 4th 04, 09:43 PM
who be dat?

As someone pointed out in another response, the spec only calls for 24 FP,
not 32. ATi most assuredly is following the spec, at least until DX 9.0c
comes out.

Chris Smith

Old June 5th 04, 01:22 AM
Dark Avenger

"ec" wrote in message news:Pv0wc.38973$oi5.16256@fed1read07...
"Dark Avenger" wrote in message
"ec" wrote in DASvc.38422$oi5.22578@fed1read07:

DX 9.0c is release candidate and will launch with XP SP2 which is imminent.

Well it's fine to hear it's coming.. ofcourse..it CAN do 32bits
rendering..but it's not a requirement..btw..where is that stupid
service pack awaiting for?
Old June 6th 04, 03:31 AM
wired and confused

Is fp 32 enabled in drivers for this to happen on release of the DX 9.0c
..Will we have it or will nvidia release a driver for DX 9.0C. What drivers
will I get fp 32 .
"Dark Avenger" wrote in message
om...