dimension of ibm server x-series?

Old April 15th 08, 02:46 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Franz Ferdinand

Default dimension of ibm server x-series?

Hi!

Our new servers will be x3550 and x3650 from IBM. I am a little bit
confused because I got different dimensions of the servers. One information
for a 3550 was 44cm (width) another information was about 48cm.
Does anyone have this two models an can tell me the real dimensions?
Otherwise I am not able to decide if my rack will be ok or I have to modify
it (buy a new one is no possibility).

Thanks
Old April 15th 08, 03:01 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Igor Batinic

Hi!

Franz Ferdinand wrote:
Hi!

Our new servers will be x3550 and x3650 from IBM. I am a little bit
confused because I got different dimensions of the servers. One information
for a 3550 was 44cm (width) another information was about 48cm.
Does anyone have this two models an can tell me the real dimensions?
Otherwise I am not able to decide if my rack will be ok or I have to modify
it (buy a new one is no possibility).

All servers are 19". The only problem may be your existing rack, it
should have perforated doors.

BTW, http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/x/hard...ack/index.html is the
only place where you should search for any relevant info.

With best regards,

Iggy
Old April 17th 08, 11:54 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Folkert Rienstra

Franz Ferdinand wrote in
Hi!

Our new servers will be x3550 and x3650 from IBM. I am a little bit
confused because I got different dimensions of the servers. One information
for a 3550 was 44cm (width) another information was about 48cm.
Does anyone have this two models an can tell me the real dimensions?
Otherwise I am not able to decide if my rack will be ok or I have to modify
it (buy a new one is no possibility).

Are you sure you are the correct person to install them, since
you appear to be severely limited in common intelligence:

48 cm = 19*2.54 is the dimension of the front bezel incl. the brackets.
48-2-2 = 44 cm is the internal (or back) dimension (without brackets)

Thanks