Problem with Canon Pixma 9000 Mark II Pro

Old July 19th 13, 08:30 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David Klein

Default Problem with Canon Pixma 9000 Mark II Pro

I installed a new photo magenta cartridge. It printed one sheet just fine and then I got a message on my computer screen that read "cartridge not recognized." I installed a different (new) photo magenta cartridge and once again it wasn't recognized, because the red light on the cartridge was off and I got an amber flashing error light on the printer that flashed 15 times.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
David
Old July 19th 13, 09:48 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "David Klein"

I installed a new photo magenta cartridge. It printed one sheet just fine
and then I got a
message on my computer screen that read "cartridge not recognized." I
installed a
different (new) photo magenta cartridge and once again it wasn't
recognized, because the
red light on the cartridge was off and I got an amber flashing error light
on the printer
that flashed 15 times. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
David

Ink Carts often have a small circuit board with contact points. When
inserted into their respective slots, these contact points hit peer contact
points within the slots.

Check to make sure the contact points are not blocked and are clean. A
Q-Tip with Isopropyl alcohol can be used to clean the contacts.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Old July 20th 13, 11:41 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
me

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 12:30:24 -0700 (PDT), David Klein
wrote:

I installed a new photo magenta cartridge. It printed one sheet just fine and then I got a message on my computer screen that read "cartridge not recognized."
I installed a different (new) photo magenta cartridge and once again it wasn't recognized, because the red light on the cartridge was off and I got an amber
flashing error light on the printer that flashed 15 times.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
David

Not an expired cartridge by any chance? What's the date?
Old July 23rd 13, 06:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David Klein

From: "David Klein"

I installed a new photo magenta cartridge. It printed one sheet just fine

and then I got a

message on my computer screen that read "cartridge not recognized." I

installed a

different (new) photo magenta cartridge and once again it wasn't

recognized, because the

red light on the cartridge was off and I got an amber flashing error light

on the printer

that flashed 15 times. Any suggestions?

Thanks! I'll give it a try.