Which motherboard?

Old December 27th 07, 12:09 PM
Rick1 Rick1 is offline
Junior Member

Location: USA
Question Which motherboard?

Hi everyone.
I'm probably going to buy the QX9650 when it comes out in a few days, if it turns out to be around $1000 and no more.
I can't decide what MB to put it in though...
I am running some Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066Mhz. So I was thinking the MSI P35 Platinum?
I won't be likely to run SLI so I don't need 680i, and I won't be running DDR3 for a long time yet so don't want to go X38.
I'm also planning on OCing the processor to probably around 4Ghz, with the FSB up to maybe 1500 or 1600Mhz. So I need something that can happily handle that FSB without custom cooling (Antec 900 with all possible fans, and a Thermalright Ultra-120e on the proc, though), and that can assist me favorably with the processor OC.
Suggestions?
bounce house fun games
Old February 18th 08, 11:36 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
Another Cultist Subliminal Message from AA: \Boo\

Default Which motherboard?

'bounce house' (http://www.bouncerland.com) 'fun games'
(http://www.playedonline.com)

--
Rick1

get a life comes to mind. $1000 for a PC ... gezz.