Aria RMA's - pathetic

Old January 10th 05, 03:32 PM
Michael Rodgers

"Dave" wrote in message
But stuff thats faulty on arrival?

Well they would still have to.......
1 test the item
2 they may not have a identical replacement in stock and need to order it
3. they may not be able to get an identical replacement and thus need to
decide on a suitable replacment (especially if what you bought was say a
clearance item)

Agreed. But they didn't test it until the other day. They had it 3 weeks
without testing it. See my point now?

Old January 10th 05, 04:48 PM
Dave's Mum

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...

I think your are really horrible saying things like that about my Davey.
He's a good boy and knows nearly everything about everything.

There are lots of horrible people here saying really nasty things and it's
not fair.

Please be nicer to him in future otherwise he just won't stop crying.

Dave's Mummy

Old January 10th 05, 06:02 PM
Dave

"Michael Rodgers" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote in message
But stuff thats faulty on arrival?

Well they would still have to.......
1 test the item
2 they may not have a identical replacement in stock and need to order

it
3. they may not be able to get an identical replacement and thus need

decide on a suitable replacment (especially if what you bought was say

clearance item)

Agreed. But they didn't test it until the other day. They had it 3 weeks
without testing it. See my point now?

Ive always seen the point that any period of time can be frustrating,
however i also understand that places like aria have other work to do,
while you may think 3 weeks is a long time, trust me it isnt, some
e-tailors would have kept you waiting much longer then that. Add to the
fact that the replacement is a higher spec then you originally had and then
ask, was 3 weeks really that bad a wait? Personally I dont think it is,
You may feel otherwise, but IMO considering some would have kept you longer
and considering the fact you have got a better model then previously had, I
personally think thats good.

Old January 10th 05, 07:42 PM
Michael Rodgers

"Michael Rodgers" wrote in message
It's been almost a month now since I sent back my Shuttle. I don't want
anything fancy - no refunds, no alternative products, just another model,
exactly the same, to replace the one thats been faulty since arrival.

Alls well that ends well - I now have a replacement Shuttle SN45G3. It
arrived exactly when Aria said it would.

Well done to Aria for making a good job out of a bad situation

Old January 10th 05, 09:17 PM
Dave

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
, a.k.a Dave says...

[...]

Perhaps you could learn to use it properly?

Like I said, why it gets formatted and how it gets reinstalled has
nothing to do with you.

I never said it had anything to do with me, however it is a wonder how it
gets re-installed! From reading this I 'assume' it takes you quite a while
to comprehend how to just get the CD into your computers CD/DVD drive.
The real hilarity however comes when windows tells you to press "Any" key
to continue... Why is this funny? Well its a wonder someone with your
problems is actually able to decide which key to press especially when you
have a baffling choice of 102 (or perhaps more!) keys to choose from. Your
*cough* brain I imagine almost faces meltdown at that difficult decision

That was a question not an assumption, i believe the ladybird books

teach
you the difference from about book 14 onwards.

Yes, it was a question, and I answered it - "you'll never know".
I also pointed out you are good at inaccurate assumptions.

I made no assumptions, I only asked questions

If you spent less time so obviously studying the content of Ladybird
books, you might just give yourself chance to grow up a little.

I don't study them, but I do sit with a young child looking at them and
similar books, teaching them to read. Obviously something that was missed
in your development.
You could say this child is very similar to yourself in many ways though
(but I 'assume'... if you like!) they dribble less then you.
Cant say im surprised though, trolls like you offer slobber quite a bit the
moment they open their gob.
Anyways to help out with your constant windows re-installs (or rather the
'assumption' you have left us all with, that its the user and not the
operating system that is the problem) I will save you the bother of
re-killfiling me for the second time.
I realise a trolls mind is highly unfocussed and it will probably take you
a few weeks of intensive thinking to figure out the killfiling function
again, so ill save your *cough* mind the problem........
PLONK
Now run along, a bridge somewhere is missing its wildlife guardian.

Old January 10th 05, 09:22 PM
Dave

"Michael Rodgers" wrote in message
"Michael Rodgers" wrote in message
It's been almost a month now since I sent back my Shuttle. I don't want
anything fancy - no refunds, no alternative products, just another

model,
exactly the same, to replace the one thats been faulty since arrival.

Alls well that ends well - I now have a replacement Shuttle SN45G3. It
arrived exactly when Aria said it would.

Well done to Aria for making a good job out of a bad situation

Hope you enjoy your computer and are happy with the replacement ) You
could say as its an improved spec that the best things come to those who
wait

Old January 11th 05, 01:58 AM
Lordy

"Michael Rodgers" wrote in
:

It's been almost a month now since I sent back my Shuttle.

FWIW sent back a TFT with dead pixels on 17th Dec . Refund authorised on
the 10th Jan. Over the busy Xmas period. Time wasnt brilliant and wasnt bad
IMO just OK. Handled well, good communication whilst I was out of pocket
Still my next TFT will be purchased in such a way that I can return it if
*I* find it unacceptable (rather than some ISO standard that doesnt account
for general pixel location etc) even if it cost me 20-30 quid more!

--
Lordy
Old January 11th 05, 02:06 AM
Lordy

Lordy wrote in
:

FWIW sent back a TFT with dead pixels on 17th Dec . Refund authorised
on the 10th Jan. Over the busy Xmas period. Time wasnt brilliant and
wasnt bad IMO just OK. Handled well, good communication whilst I was
out of pocket

Now I have to return the DivX player as it is locking up after 10-30
minutes.

In the last 6 months I've also had to return a graphics card to Dabs, some
ultra crappy Hi-Space DVD-R to Amazon and an mp3 player to SVP. Only Dabs
really peed me off because the graphics card only had ONE output of any
kind (DVI / VGA) and they said the card supports TWO monitors. (though the
chipset might it was physically impossible for the card to do so). Wonkers.
I had to return under the DSR and will NEVER use them again.
If anyone else reads this post - be warned!

Prior to the last six months I've never had any problems at all!

I'm done with no-name brands unless I find *many* (not just 1 or 2) solid
recommendations on the net.

--
Lordy