Windoze Ten no dual boot?

Old May 4th 15, 11:42 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Windoze Ten no dual boot?

You can dual boot 10 beta, but RTM will be locked down, up and sideways.
So you can't turn off UEFI?
I will not be upgrading then.
Old May 4th 15, 01:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Mon, 4 May 2015 03:42:27 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

You can dual boot 10 beta, but RTM will be locked down, up and sideways.
So you can't turn off UEFI?
I will not be upgrading then.

Doesn't sound especially surprising. I suppose it took 5 different
versions of W8.1 to get it down pat for the free W10b upgrade.

Hitting 133F variously all across my MB's components, running a quad
85watt AMD's core fullbore for multiple audio processing stages. Can't
wait for UEFI offerings if I melt it down.

Used to be shelling out money for a computer was enjoyable. Dunno.
UEFI licensed and officially registered. It's a privilege. Ours.

Yep. Should run right out and buy one of Intel's dual cores, all up
to something over $100, before newer quads are similarly placed. My
old 2.2Ghz 775 socket quad, I found for $25 on Ebay, evidently is out
of fashion for keeping up with the ratpack.

Apart from displacing a nickel videochip on a video board for
integrated CPU/GPU, 2T HDD limits, is there one thing the industry, or
Microsoft, elsewise has to offer as worthwhile to an added advancement
for broader public usage to be derived on a UEFI platform?

(Standard disclaimer: Though I do realize that though I do not game,
50 percent of households with PCs do. And a lot.)

Last HDD restructuring, there were stopgaps for aftermarket hardware
controllers. The present trend among MBs is near to phasing out PCI
with most down now to a token one slot, micro factoring a MB to the
size of a deck of cards. Not that tiny isn't cute, I suppose, in a
tight-assed sort of way.
Old May 5th 15, 03:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mr. Man-wai Chang

On 5/5/15 12:01 AM, Larc wrote:
On Mon, 04 May 2015 23:12:19 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
wrote:

| Applicable to laptops and notebooks only!

That clears things up. I couldn't imagine an in-place upgrade to W10 creating a UEFI
partition on a HDD with the system partition at the start and no unassigned space.

For people who use Window$ **ONLY**, Secured Boot might not be a bad
idea! But it's always better to make it optional.

How do I clear the dual boot screen on a system that is no long dual boot? Bluenose 637 Asus Motherboards 5 August 14th 07 01:07 AM
Quad core in Windoze XP Cal Vanize General 10 July 28th 07 01:31 AM
Dual boot XP and Vista by changing the boot drive in System Setup? Jeff Ingram Dell Computers 1 March 31st 07 05:43 PM
Nero, Windoze XP and SP 2 Mel Cdr 9 January 2nd 05 02:30 AM
52.16 and Windoze Update Cuzman Nvidia Videocards 4 November 5th 03 02:31 AM