Need a Kick-Ass Case!

Old January 25th 04, 11:03 AM
h2so4

I've just moved my system from a LIan Li PC65 to a Coolermaster Black Widow.
See this review,
http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...mlld19JRD00ODk
Coolermaster cases are very good and I'm sure the Preatorian will be just
fine as will your choice of PSU. The Coolermaster is a better quality
product than the Lian Li, i.e., slightly thicker aluminium with a better
finish (no need for the plastic edge coverings), the case is more stable
with better construction and closer fitting parts. I chose the Black Widow
version of this case as I was very impressed by it's finish and functional
design.

Old January 25th 04, 11:24 AM
h2so4

Lian Li cases are better constructed than most, but Coolermaster aluminium
cases are a league ahead. I've just changed a Lian Li PC65 (side panels sans
plastic fish) for this model
http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD00ODk=.

I note from your picture that the top panel on your Lian Li is not fitted
too well and that the side panel is a very loose fit. The top panel of my
Lian Li was similar but with a slightly worse fit than yours. The things I
did like about the Lian Li were the detachable panel looms and the fan speed
control for the front fans. It is a nice case but its construction and
assembly could be improved.

Old January 25th 04, 11:45 AM
h2so4

"TomG" wrote in message
opinions are like assholes. everyone's got one. and you are certainly
entitled to your opinion!

....but not to his asshole? Come, come Tom, your authoritarian streak is
getting a tad out of hand here! Here in Britain we keep our asses in fields
and stables. I fear the animal welfare authorities over here would take a
rather dim view of confining them in holes. I must say I'm surprised and
disappointed that someone so well known as sheep lover should be so callous
toward the humble ass.

IMNSHO the plastic fish on the side window of Noozer's case represent a step
too far as a fashion accessory. Personally, if I were forced to have them
I'd prefer to have them inserted into my arse.

Old January 25th 04, 12:04 PM
Ed Medlin

"Enkidu" wrote in message
Ed Medlin wrote:

The quality of the Lian Li cases is just fantastic. Everything fits
perfectly and with just 4 thumb screws, you can remove your entire MB

with
the PCI cards still attached. Here is a pic of mine (PC60 with aquarium

side
panel). http://www.pbase.com/image/23289017 .

Ed

Nice box Ed. Did you make the aquarium panel yourself? If not who
makes them?

Oh, one thing I'd add is drive covers. Lian-Li has started producing
spring loaded doors that fit into the front panel and pop open when
pushed by the drive tray. I don't have anything as fancy as a fish
tank, but I've added a silver painted floppy and zip and now my case
is all silver.

Enkidu

The aquarium side panel is made by Lian Li. I picked it up locally and
haven't really looked at online shops for them. Yea, I have been looking at
the Lian Li covers. With everything else I have done to this thing, I should
break down and get some. I am looking at an upgrade to an 800mhz fsb system
very soon, and will probably do that then. The aquarium side panel uses a
small 12v aquarium pump that mounts inside the case on a rubber mat and is
virtually silent.

Ed

---

Old January 25th 04, 12:09 PM
Ed Medlin

"h2so4" wrote in message
Lian Li cases are better constructed than most, but Coolermaster aluminium
cases are a league ahead. I've just changed a Lian Li PC65 (side panels

sans
plastic fish) for this model
http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD00ODk=.

I note from your picture that the top panel on your Lian Li is not fitted
too well and that the side panel is a very loose fit. The top panel of my
Lian Li was similar but with a slightly worse fit than yours. The things I
did like about the Lian Li were the detachable panel looms and the fan

speed
control for the front fans. It is a nice case but its construction and
assembly could be improved.

Yep. I rarely put the thumb screws in the back of the case since I go in
there pretty often. If you take your time and put a little pressure upwards,
it will seal off fairly good. It could be better, but the overall quality is
great. That could be remedied with a thin strip of tape too. I just never
bothered.

Ed

---

Old January 25th 04, 12:14 PM
TomG

oh, he is quite entitled to his asshole as well. I would never seek to part
a man and his beast (or bestiality!). he can even keep it in his living
room (or his boudoir), should he so desire!

as for the fish on the side panel, each to their own but I would hardly want
something such as THAT stuffed up my arse! exit only!

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror ----- Cable modem IP
over 120,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

Old January 25th 04, 01:49 PM
Wayne Youngman

"h2so4" in message
Lian Li cases are better constructed than most, but Coolermaster aluminium
cases are a league ahead. I've just changed a Lian Li PC65 (side panels

sans
plastic fish) for this model
http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD00ODk=.

Hi,
yes that looks the same as the new *Praetorian* except it has a window side.
.. . This is still my No.1 choice so far, just don't have stock of it at the
moment in UK (it sold out fast!!!!!!)
--
Wayne ][

Old January 25th 04, 02:43 PM
Dion L Heap

"TomG" wrote in message
oh, he is quite entitled to his asshole as well. I would never seek to

part
a man and his beast (or bestiality!). he can even keep it in his living
room (or his boudoir), should he so desire!

as for the fish on the side panel, each to their own but I would hardly

want
something such as THAT stuffed up my arse! exit only!

"Is sadism, necrophilia and bestiality flogging a dead horse?"

regards,

Dion L Heap
www.thetophouse.com

Old January 25th 04, 10:22 PM
h2so4

"Is sadism, necrophilia and bestiality flogging a dead horse?"

regards,

Dion L Heap
www.thetophouse.com

Only if the flogger has an erection at the time.