Northbridge Fan

Old January 26th 04, 09:56 PM
Al

Default Northbridge Fan

Hi Folks,

I brought a new northbridge fan (40mm) and it has a blue square on the
bottom and a white square of something looking like paper in a little
ziplock bag.

My question is how do I attach it? Do I need to peel anything off or
anything?

Its a Coolermaster DXY-4C1XC.

Thanks

-Al

Old January 27th 04, 06:37 AM
Kill Bill

"Al" wrote in message
Hi Folks,

I brought a new northbridge fan (40mm) and it has a blue square on the
bottom and a white square of something looking like paper in a little
ziplock bag.

My question is how do I attach it? Do I need to peel anything off or
anything?

Its a Coolermaster DXY-4C1XC.

Thanks

-Al

You probably shouldn't even be opening up your computer case. Just MHO....

Old January 27th 04, 06:52 AM
Wes Newell

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:56:26 +1300, Al wrote:

Hi Folks,

I brought a new northbridge fan (40mm) and it has a blue square on the
bottom and a white square of something looking like paper in a little
ziplock bag.

My question is how do I attach it? Do I need to peel anything off or
anything?

Its a Coolermaster DXY-4C1XC.

You didn't buy just a 40mm fan, you bought a 40mm cooler that includes the
heatsink and fan. Check their website for intallation instructions. I'd
guess you are talking about a thermal transfer pad, but not being certain,
that's as far as I go.

Old January 27th 04, 07:44 PM
RJW

You probably shouldn't even be opening up your computer case. Just
MHO....

I agree.
Al, the best thing for you to do if you want to install a NB cooler is take
your PC to a shop. I can't cost more that a few bucks to have an experienced
tech put that on for you. If you don't have experience with that sort of
thing you could cause serious damage if you install it improperly.

Old January 31st 04, 12:59 PM
~misfit~

RJW wrote:
You probably shouldn't even be opening up your computer case. Just
MHO....

I agree.
Al, the best thing for you to do if you want to install a NB cooler
is take your PC to a shop. I can't cost more that a few bucks to have
an experienced tech put that on for you. If you don't have experience
with that sort of thing you could cause serious damage if you install
it improperly.

I sorted this out for him in another NG, gave him detailed instuctions on
what to do. I guess he just didn't bother coming back here to check for
replies as he found out what he needed. Either that or he wrecked his PC and
can't get online. g
--
~misfit~

Heatsink for Northbridge chip? DesignGuy General 8 February 16th 04 12:42 AM
Normal Northbridge Temp for MSI Neo2-FIS2R ? Bryan L Overclocking 3 October 30th 03 04:57 AM
Normal Northbridge Temp for MSI Neo2-FIS2R ? Bryan L Overclocking 1 October 27th 03 09:34 PM
northbridge fan Dave M Overclocking 0 October 18th 03 01:16 AM
Old A7V lockup problem with Northbridge? grendel General 1 July 24th 03 06:02 PM