Good Vendors / Bad Vendors.

Old August 20th 06, 03:21 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

Default Good Vendors / Bad Vendors.

wrote:
My Good List

SVP
Novatech
Komplett

My avoid list

Stuff-uk (refusal to refund on an item clearly covered by the distance
selling regs, even after requests from trading standards)

Funny that, we have never had a single customer that has not returned
goods and received a credit when they have correctly conformed to the
distance selling regulations or our terms and conditions of sale. Even
if on the extremely few occasions, Trading Standards have got involved.

Please feel free to check this with Trading Standards. We do in fact
sometimes accept goods back when they do fall out of the DSR but we
generally reserve that for honest decent nice folk.

Therefore you are spreading malicious lies about our company that could
almost certainly be construed as libelous.

Alan Stanley
http://www.stuff-uk.net/

Old August 21st 06, 01:04 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

Lol, thats the second time now that libel has been mentioned. All over a
£13 mouse that (according to consumer direct, both my local and stuff-uk's
local trading standards and the DSR themselves) I was entilted to a refund
for. As for 'honest decent nice folk', are you implying that i'm dishonest?
Oooh, that sounds like defamation of character to me. Is this how you try
and scare your unsatisfied customers into silence.

Basically, even if you have 1,000,000,000,000 satisfied customers, it
doesn't alter my right to have an opinion based on my experiences. And my
opinion is that I received inadequate customer sevice from this store.

They tried to tell me that I couldn't return the item as it had been opened
(incorrect), that I couldn't return the item because the driver disc (which
contained only software which could be easily and freely found on the
manufacturer's website) had been used (incorrect) etc even though i wrote
and asked for a refund within the stated 7 day period.

If you'd like to check the DSR, here's a link -
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm Section 17 is of
particular interest as it covers my obligations as a customer to:

(a) to retain possession of the goods, and

(b) to take reasonable care of them

Nothing about unopened, unsealed, untested etc.
Finally, I fail to grasp (maybe i'm stupid as well as dishonest eh) how
simply adding ur name to a list of stores i would avoid constitutes
malicious lies. Maybe you could tell me?! All those other people who
replied to this post must be in awful trouble too eh. They'd better beware
in case ebuyer, overclockers, scan et al try to threaten them.....then
again, maybe they're not that petty.

Old August 21st 06, 04:34 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

Most of the time people have problems with vendors due to there own
mistakes like buying incompatible items or just assuming things are
included like cables, retail boxes. Etc

IE. OEM items are often bare parts like an OEM DVD Writer will only be
a DVD Writer no cables or retail box etc. People should look before
ordering and if in doubt contact the vendor to make sure of the
contents of an item or the compatibility of the item.

Hope this helps

Black Shuck wrote:
I have used a few over the years, and see a pattern, I'm sure every
company has their bad days, but perhaps we should try and see what trends
there are.

My Generally Good List:

Misco
NovaTech
CCL
Microdirect
Komplett

My Avoid At All Costs List

Ebuyer
Overclockers
Aria
Scan

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0632-1, 08/09/2006
Tested on: 8/9/2006 8:21:54 PM

Old August 21st 06, 08:34 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

wrote:
[...]

You are more than welcome to add us to any list you choose, in fact you
seem to have spent a lot of your time doing so. What you shouldn't do
is lie like you have in your post. This is fact not anything else. If
you don't like being pulled up about it, dont post it.

I recall that you failed to return the mouse for over 30 days after you
received a returns number that was valid for 10 days. In fact you still
have the mouse in your possession.

So are you now saying that a supplier should credit you if you dont
like something even if you still have the product, I don't think so do
you? I refer to your last paragraph, and the rhetorical question in
brackets.

QED

Old August 21st 06, 02:40 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

On 21-Aug-2006, " wrote:

You are more than welcome to add us to any list you choose, in fact you
seem to have spent a lot of your time doing so. What you shouldn't do
is lie like you have in your post. This is fact not anything else. If
you don't like being pulled up about it, dont post it.

---From your email to me dated 8th January - "As previously stated, we will
only repair or replace the mouse" and "We will only take goods back under
the distance selling regulations if they are unopened and in the same
condition as when purchased"
----From your email to me dated 11th April - "We have not agreed with
anybody to take this product back for a refund"
That sounds to me like you're pretty unwilling to give a refund, and as I
have shown, the DSR mentions nothing about 'unopened' being a stipulation
for return.

On 21-Aug-2006, " wrote:

I recall that you failed to return the mouse for over 30 days after you
received a returns number that was valid for 10 days. In fact you still
have the mouse in your possession.

After receiving your mail on 11th April which contained the RMA number and
your 'no refund' statement, I was unsure how to proceed and needed to speak
to trading standards before returning the item (after all, i didn't want to
return it, just for you to send me a new one, instead of my oft requested
refund). Before i was able to speak to TS, i went on holiday for 2 weeks
and so couldn't speak to them or do anything about the situation in that
time. Additionaly, neither the mail you sent me nor anything in your terms
and conditions state that the RMA number was valid only for 10 days.
Perhaps you should have been more specific. Or perhaps after keeping me
waiting for 4 months to receive said RMA number in the 1st place, you could
be slightly more understanding.

So are you now saying that a supplier should credit you if you dont
like something even if you still have the product, I don't think so do
you? I refer to your last paragraph, and the rhetorical question in
brackets.

Not at all. I'm STILL perfectly willing to send the item back if you're
willing to offer a refund. As i've said, the item is still sitting in the
same envelope it was sealed into in front of TS staff, so is still in the
exact same, perfect condition.

Anyway, I'll leave other people reading this thread to decide for themselves
if they'd choose to buy from you.

Old August 25th 06, 06:00 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember "
saying something like:

So are you now saying that a supplier should credit you if you dont
like something even if you still have the product, I don't think so do
you? I refer to your last paragraph, and the rhetorical question in
brackets.

strikes off supplier list

Your loss, buddy. All over a 13 quid mouse? You must be an eejit of the
highest order to risk alienating hundreds of potential and actual
customers by your barrow-boy attitude when something minor goes wrong.

I certainly won't be dealing with you.

Aren't newsgroups wonderful?
--

Dave
Old August 25th 06, 06:10 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

Hi Grimly,

To be fair, if the OP still has the product, he cannot expect a
refund. Having said that, the OPs story sounds much more plausible and
convincing.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old August 25th 06, 09:18 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Bubba

Hi Guys,

I do still have the mouse, but have been perfectly willing to return it all
along, if only i was offered a refund.

After returning from my holiday, I had pretty much given up hope of ever
getting a refund and so rang up to let TS know i didn't wish to waste my
time and theirs pursuing it further. I was informed the only option left
open to me would have been small claims court in Surrey. As I live in North
Wales and probably would have had to travel back and forth several times,
this was obviously not an option. TS offered to write to the company and
request one last time that they comply. The reply said that it was too late
but if i write to them they may reconsider. I wrote and got the expected
'no' in return. Hence i still have the mouse. As previously stated though,
i would still be willing to return it (at my own expense of course) if a
refund was offered as per my original request.