XPS 420

Old October 26th 07, 02:58 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Keith

Default XPS 420

I haqve not determined how to order the XPS 420 with the E6850 dual core CPU
and the 880GTX video card- at first I got an error message stating I need to
select another processor, now the choice is not available.

If Iorder the E6850 CPU -will the power supply that comes with the machine
need replacement if I add the 8800GTX video aftermarket?

Old October 26th 07, 04:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"Keith" wrote in message
. ..
I haqve not determined how to order the XPS 420 with the E6850 dual core
CPU and the 880GTX video card- at first I got an error message stating I
need to select another processor, now the choice is not available.

If Iorder the E6850 CPU -will the power supply that comes with the machine
need replacement if I add the 8800GTX video aftermarket?

Given that the XPS 410 was equipped with a 375w PS, I wouldn't have a
problem trying that if it were my machine.

Not a stretch to assume that the 420 will have the same or a larger capacity
PS.

Old October 26th 07, 05:37 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Keith

I tried it again -I receive the

Your video card selection requires the 425W power supply available only with
select processors.

I don't know what power supply they are using

"S.Lewis" wrote in message

. ..

Old October 26th 07, 06:44 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
HDRDTD

From the Dell site here
http://www.dell.com/content/products...estab&~c k=mn

Form Factor
Mini-tower, high-gloss black front bezel, XPS logo on side panel

Dimensions
18" tall, 17.8" deep, 7.4" wide

Weight (typical)
31 lbs (41 lbs packed)

Power
375 W (standard), 425 W (optional)

Convenience
Tool-less access to inside chassis, Flexbay, HDD, optical drives, and
expansion slots (graphics card replacement requires tools)
Easily identifiable customer service points (blue)

"Keith" wrote in message
. ..
I tried it again -I receive the

Your video card selection requires the 425W power supply available only
with select processors.

I don't know what power supply they are using

"S.Lewis" wrote in message

. ..