HP DeskJet 882C won't print landscape.

Old November 16th 07, 07:15 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andy[_5_]

Default HP DeskJet 882C won't print landscape.

Hi,

"Landscape" is enabled in all applicable places but the HP 882C prints only
"portrait" repeatedly.
Any solutions to correct this?

Thank you.
Andy I. (Win XP SP2)

Old November 17th 07, 02:52 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Al Bundy

On Nov 16, 2:15 am, "Andy" [email protected] wrote:
Hi,

"Landscape" is enabled in all applicable places but the HP 882C prints only
"portrait" repeatedly.
Any solutions to correct this?

Thank you.
Andy I. (Win XP SP2)

If it previously did print landscape mode and now it won't, I would
uninstall and install the print drivers. Also, check to see if you
didn't end up with some strange paper size setting.
Old November 17th 07, 06:17 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andy[_5_]

Thanks "Al",

Yes it did print landscape mode previously, but the situation is a bit more
complicated than I first reported.
I'm using the printer with a scanner to copy a document. The document is
full letter size in landscape mode, and as I said, the printer churns it out
in portrait mode.
Now a discovery which may provide a clue: when I set the printer to
*portrait* mode, the output is in correct *landscape* mode!

Also, when printing normally (not copying), the orientation printouts match
the settings OK.

Puzzled. does this mean it's a scanner problem?
Andy I. (WIN XP SP2; UMAX Astra 1220P scanner)

:

Old November 17th 07, 07:35 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Headrick

"Andy" [email protected] wrote in message

I'm using the printer with a scanner to copy a document. The document is
full letter size in landscape mode, and as I said, the printer churns it
out
in portrait mode.
Now a discovery which may provide a clue: when I set the printer to
*portrait* mode, the output is in correct *landscape* mode!

The scanner does not have any particular concept of portrait vs. landscape
mode, it is simple scanning light and dark areas of the page. The scan is
in portrait orientation and the file it generates reflects that. Selecting
Landscape in the printer driver would result in the document being rotated
90 degrees and would give the results you are seeing.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Old November 17th 07, 10:25 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andy[_5_]

That's most enlightening, Bob. I've never thought of it that way.
So......... because the document lies "lengthways" in the scanner, it is
considered to be in portrait mode?

Andy I.

Old November 18th 07, 02:14 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andrew Rossmann

In article 6fG%i.5583$fD.5402@pd7urf3no, [email protected]
deletethisbit-ca says...
Yes it did print landscape mode previously, but the situation is a bit more
complicated than I first reported.
I'm using the printer with a scanner to copy a document. The document is
full letter size in landscape mode, and as I said, the printer churns it out
in portrait mode.
Now a discovery which may provide a clue: when I set the printer to
*portrait* mode, the output is in correct *landscape* mode!

Also, when printing normally (not copying), the orientation printouts match
the settings OK.

Puzzled. does this mean it's a scanner problem?

What format did you save the scan as? Maybe the program you are using to
print it has an auto-rotate option.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
Old November 18th 07, 06:59 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andy[_5_]

Thanks Andy for your contribution.
I didn't *save* the scan. This scanner has a "Copy" mode. Once scanned,
the printer starts up and I set the printer options "landscape/ portrait",
etc.
'Fraid I know nothing about "auto-rotate"..........

Andy I.

"Andrew Rossmann" wrote in message
.net...
[...]
: --
: If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying!
: All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the
: law!!
: http://home.att.net/~andyross

Old November 20th 07, 12:47 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Headrick

That's most enlightening, Bob. I've never thought of it that way.
So......... because the document lies "lengthways" in the scanner, it is
considered to be in portrait mode?

Yes, as far as the scanner and printer are concerned.

Old November 20th 07, 07:14 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andy[_5_]

Thanks Bob for the confirmation.

Andy I.

"Bob Headrick" wrote in message
:
:
: "Andy" [email protected] wrote in message
: news:OTJ%i.5900$fD.5868@pd7urf3no...
: That's most enlightening, Bob. I've never thought of it that way.
: So......... because the document lies "lengthways" in the scanner, it is
: considered to be in portrait mode?
:
: Yes, as far as the scanner and printer are concerned.
:
: Regards,
: Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging
:
:

HP DeskJet 882c Prints Wrong Size Andy[_5_] Printers 6 July 31st 07 08:06 PM
Printer refuses to print in landscape format notter Printers 0 September 11th 06 08:27 PM
spittoon problem on HP 882c deskjet Jim Schlemmer Printers 3 July 14th 04 02:09 PM
HP 882C Deskjet ez153 Printers 2 January 24th 04 02:14 PM
Brother HL-5050 Laser Printer - can't print landscape format Neil Irving Printers 0 December 9th 03 06:48 PM