Keyboard Anomaly

Old November 24th 09, 11:58 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default Keyboard Anomaly

I have a new keyboard. The left, right, and up arrows work ok, but
the left arrow will not allow me to move leftward over text that I
want to modify. I have to use backspace. Any way to fix this?

Thanks

Duke
Old November 24th 09, 12:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 06:08:30 -0500, Pen wrote:

wrote:
I have a new keyboard. The left, right, and up arrows work ok, but
the left arrow will not allow me to move leftward over text that I
want to modify. I have to use backspace. Any way to fix this?

Thanks

Duke

Take it back. It's broken and there aren't any ways to fix it.

Thanks
I needed that
Bought on web.
Supposed to be a good keyboard (PLEOMAX)

Duke
Old November 24th 09, 06:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:44:18 -0500, John McGaw
wrote:

If, as you write "the left, right, and up arrows work ok" then that is that
-- they work OK. The keyboard has no clue about where the cursor on the
screen is at any time and doesn't make decisions about what the computer is
going to do with the key code it sends out. It is a combination of the
operating system and the program that determines what a particular key
does. With what operating system and program are you having this movement
problem.

I'll be damned! - you are so right! It happens only In Eudora
e-mail, when I am typing text. I checked several other of my
programs, and the key works as I expect it to.

So I need to see what is wrong in Eudora. That is the same program in
which my incoming email texts have crazy characters that I asked about
in the Eudora news group. I don't know what causes that either.

Duke

If you still have concerns about what the keyboard is telling the computer,
you can install test software to tell you what is going on. Here is one
free example (I chose a CNET download to avoid malware questions):

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0...type=downloads

Old November 24th 09, 08:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

wrote:

If, as you write "the left, right, and up arrows work ok" then that is that
-- they work OK. The keyboard has no clue about where the cursor on the
screen is at any time and doesn't make decisions about what the computer is
going to do with the key code it sends out. It is a combination of the
operating system and the program that determines what a particular key
does. With what operating system and program are you having this movement
problem.

I'll be damned! - you are so right! It happens only In Eudora
e-mail, when I am typing text. I checked several other of my
programs, and the key works as I expect it to.

So I need to see what is wrong in Eudora. That is the same program in
which my incoming email texts have crazy characters that I asked about
in the Eudora news group. I don't know what causes that either.

Eudora is now out of development, you might consider using
the current open source version which IIRC, is a Eudora-like
skin of Thunderbird. One /other/ nice thing about
thunderbird is there's a portable version, and of course
even if the skin for it to look like Eudora goes away in the
future you still have a probability of further Thunderbird
development ongoing.

Surprising Registry Anomaly? Jethro General 5 October 13th 07 08:32 PM
AMD/MSI Temp Anomaly J. Eric Durbin General 0 November 8th 05 01:29 PM
6600GT Anomaly DaveL Nvidia Videocards 2 January 13th 05 12:47 PM
Anomaly flekso Overclocking 0 June 23rd 04 12:25 PM
tRAS anomaly BigFNDeal Asus Motherboards 0 December 23rd 03 11:51 AM