Questions about GA-8IPE1000 Pro

Old September 18th 03, 01:40 AM
Mark

Default Questions about GA-8IPE1000 Pro

I picked up this motherboard today and installed it. I also got some
Kingston CL3 PC-3200 memory (2x512) running in dual channel mode and a P4
2.8GHz Northwood "C" processor. Everything went well and everything works.

However, I have three questions/concerns...

I have not re-installed Windows, but plan to do so tomorrow if possible.
However, I noticed that when using my old installation of Windows which I
had with my old motherboard, my 3DMark2001SE score was only about 14,700.
How much can I expect this to improve once I have Windows re-installed again
on a freshly formatted drive?

Also, I noticed when I ran 3DMark2001SE, there was a "click" noise coming
from inside my tower case a total of three times during the benchmarking
process and it sounded like something powering up after this happened. What
does this mean and is it something to be concerned about? I have an Enermax
431W power supply. I'm running 4 IDE devices and my cards include a Radeon
9800 Pro and a 56K PCI modem. Case is a Lian-Li PC-60 which has three
cooling fans on the case itself.

There is no option in the BIOS to choose between AGP 4x or AGP 8x mode, and
there is no AGP Aperture setting in the BIOS. Is this something to be
concerned about?

Thanks for any help and insight you can provide. I look forward to putting
this upgrade through its paces!

Old September 18th 03, 02:08 AM
Mark

Also, what is SM Bus? Are there drivers you need to download for it?

Old September 18th 03, 05:25 AM
Udo Kammer

Also, what is SM Bus? Are there drivers you need to download for it?

Install the latest INF-update from intel.

ftp://aiedownload.intel.com/df-suppo...nfinst_enu.exe

Udo