ASUS P4P800S-X and game port problem

Old February 16th 05, 12:48 AM
please and thank-you!!!!

Default ASUS P4P800S-X and game port problem

I have the above motherboard and installed the game/midi module and
plugged it into the 16 pin connector on the mobo ... problem is the
port is not recognized under XP (sp-2).

I have tried manually installing the game port driver through the "add
hardware" feature, but under the hardware manager get the familiar
little yellow exclamation mark under the "sound, midi, and gameport"
tab.

I have also tried plugging the joystick into the port and hoping for
an auto recognition and install ... nothing.

What am I doing wrong ... how can I get this port recogonized.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old February 16th 05, 01:04 AM
Robert Hancock

please and thank-you!!!! wrote:
I have the above motherboard and installed the game/midi module and
plugged it into the 16 pin connector on the mobo ... problem is the
port is not recognized under XP (sp-2).

I have tried manually installing the game port driver through the "add
hardware" feature, but under the hardware manager get the familiar
little yellow exclamation mark under the "sound, midi, and gameport"
tab.

I have also tried plugging the joystick into the port and hoping for
an auto recognition and install ... nothing.

What am I doing wrong ... how can I get this port recogonized.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Is the port enabled in the BIOS? (Assuming there's such an option..)

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from
Old February 16th 05, 02:27 AM
please and thank-you!!!!

That did it ... I missed it in the setup menu

Updrade PC Guy Smith General 22 August 15th 04 01:57 AM
Configuring ASUS P4P800 Deluxe Game port in BIOS question xyz Asus Motherboards 4 June 4th 04 09:39 AM
This problem has baffled everyone... Nick G General 46 May 22nd 04 04:01 AM
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe -- no Game port???? William W. Plummer Homebuilt PC's 6 January 22nd 04 11:09 PM