Backlight problem Compaq evo n1020v

Old July 26th 06, 02:03 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Ben Myers

Default Backlight problem Compaq evo n1020v

I am not familiar with the N1020v, but I did successfully repair a simiar
problem with a Gateway Solo 9500 notebook. The notebook had an erratic
backlight problem, flashing on and off when the screen was tilted at different
angles. I opened up the chassis and compared with with a later almost identical
model of Gateway Solo 9550. On the later model, there was a small metal brace
which held the LCD connector in place on the motherboard. I moved the brace
from one computer to the other and the problem was solved.

If you can find any service manual for the N1020v, the problem may well be
something you can repair yourself. You need a steady hand, fingers able to
grasp tiny parts, and the usual collection of small screwdrivers, both flat-head
and Philips head... Ben Myers

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:07:32 +0200, "S. Meijer" wrote:

When I fully open the screen of the laptop at a certain point the backlight
fails, I suspect a connection problem. The HP service center told me they
could fix it for the price of a new one, besides the HP problem (asking too
much) does anyone know this problem ??
Stef

Old July 26th 06, 02:07 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
S. Meijer

When I fully open the screen of the laptop at a certain point the backlight
fails, I suspect a connection problem. The HP service center told me they
could fix it for the price of a new one, besides the HP problem (asking too
much) does anyone know this problem ??
Stef

FS PRINTER PARTS trays fusers drums printheads -- oki fujitsu hp genicom epson ibm dec jetdirect laserjet lexnmark qms okidata ml320 mannesmann tally printonix tektronix qms toshiba zebra otc ibm lexmark intermec dec compaq montreal canada toronto o [email protected] Printers 1 March 15th 05 05:50 AM
Presario 7360 - 'Friends don't let friends buy Compaq' - PRMartin 19Jul2001 unclpaul Compaq Computers 0 December 20th 04 08:40 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 3rd 04 04:25 AM
Compaq user diagnostics diskette bananaboat Compaq Computers 3 April 21st 04 03:05 AM
Compaq ready to go Jazzy Ban Compaq Computers 0 October 14th 03 02:54 PM