"Servicable Used Part" Label on 180GXP

Old September 23rd 03, 11:18 PM
Kostas K.

Default "Servicable Used Part" Label on 180GXP

Today I received a 80GB 180GXP, replacement of my old broken 120GXP, but it
does have a sticker on it saying "SERVICABLE USED PART".

Does this mean that this is a previously broken drive which they fixed? And
if it has already failed once isnt it more likely that it will fail again?
Now they give it to me as a replacement? Should I trust this drive? It seems
to work fine (for now), but for how long...

Thank you for any replies

Kostas K.

Old September 23rd 03, 11:41 PM
Rod Speed

Kostas K wrote in
message ...

Today I received a 80GB 180GXP, replacement of my old broken 120GXP,
but it does have a sticker on it saying "SERVICABLE USED PART".

Does this mean that this is a previously broken drive which they fixed?

Yep.

And if it has already failed once isnt it more likely that it will fail again?

Thats not clear at all.

Now they give it to me as a replacement? Should I trust this drive?

Probably. The atrocious problem with
earlier GXPs appears to have been fixed.

It seems to work fine (for now), but for how long...

Time will tell.

Old September 24th 03, 12:08 AM
Folkert Rienstra

"Kostas K." wrote in message ...
Today I received a 80GB 180GXP, replacement of my old broken 120GXP,
but it does have a sticker on it saying "SERVICABLE USED PART".

Does this mean that this is a previously broken drive which they fixed?
And if it has already failed once isnt it more likely that it will fail again?

So? Your 120GXP also failed and it wasn't a used part, was it?

Now they give it to me as a replacement? Should I trust this drive?

Ofcourse, just as much as you trusted that 120GXP.

It seems to work fine (for now), but for how long...

For just as long as any other drive unless you can predict the future ....

Thank you for any replies

Kostas K.

Old September 24th 03, 12:44 AM
that bloke

Does this mean that this is a previously broken drive which they fixed?

It means they prolly just whacked it against something solid like a desk or
a wall, until the drive seemed to work.

Old September 24th 03, 01:33 AM
J.Clarke

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 01:18:15 +0300
"Kostas K." wrote:

Today I received a 80GB 180GXP, replacement of my old broken 120GXP,
but it does have a sticker on it saying "SERVICABLE USED PART".

Does this mean that this is a previously broken drive which they
fixed? And if it has already failed once isnt it more likely that it
will fail again? Now they give it to me as a replacement? Should I
trust this drive? It seems to work fine (for now), but for how long...

Thank you for any replies

Most likely it was RMAed to them and when they tested it they couldn't
find anything wrong with it. If they had fixed it then it would be
"refurbished" or "rebuilt" or "remanufactured".

Kostas K.

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old September 24th 03, 09:49 PM
Folkert Rienstra

"Kostas K." wrote:

Today I received a 80GB 180GXP, replacement of my old broken 120GXP,
but it does have a sticker on it saying "SERVICABLE USED PART".

Does this mean that this is a previously broken drive which they
fixed? And if it has already failed once isnt it more likely that it
will fail again? Now they give it to me as a replacement? Should I
trust this drive? It seems to work fine (for now), but for how long...

Thank you for any replies

Most likely it was RMAed to them and when they tested it they couldn't
find anything wrong with it. If they had fixed it then it would be
"refurbished" or "rebuilt" or "remanufactured".

And how is that different from a "SERVICABLE USED PART" ?

Kostas K.

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

label printing software for Zebra 105M thermal printer William Danielson Printers 0 September 12th 04 11:31 PM
Label Software for SATO Nico Printers 0 June 7th 04 04:02 PM
Programming TEC label printers Toni Lassila Printers 0 May 18th 04 08:31 AM
IBM/Lexmark Model M keyboard Part Number Question Austin R. Graves General 2 January 31st 04 04:23 AM
Has anyone tried the CD label printers? John Nordquist Cdr 0 July 1st 03 07:48 AM