BIOS update data incorrect

Old March 17th 05, 03:47 AM
Hackworth

Default BIOS update data incorrect

I have an Asus P4B266 motherboard (i845 chipset and 400 MHz FSB). I managed
to get my hands on a (damn rare) 400-MHz FSB Pentium 4 2.6-GHz processor
(the fastest P4 processor available for that FSB speed) at a good price. I
popped it into my system (replacing the old 1.7-GHz P4) and everything works
perfectly. But... I notice that this message now appears briefly during
POST:

BIOS update data incorrect. CPUID=00000F29

However, the system boots and runs just fine and the processor does of
course run at 2.6 GHz. The only thing I can think of is that the 2.6-GHz
CPU is not officially recognized by name, despite the multiplier and FSB
being set set correctly. Asus stopped updating the BIOS for this
motherboard two or three years ago, so there's really nothing I can do about
it and it's no big deal.

I just thought I'd check here just in case the message may mean something
else that I need to investigate. Any thoughts?