What type of socket is this motherboard?

Old June 25th 03, 12:27 AM

Default What type of socket is this motherboard?

I'm trying to list a motherboard on EBAY, but have no idea what socket
it has. It used to hold a 300MHz Celeron. Does that make it a Socket
370? Here is a picture of the motherboard.

http://web.mit.edu/hyalaman/www/comp...otherboard.jpg

Thanks.

Hareendra Yalamanchili

Old June 25th 03, 01:28 AM
Anonymous Joe

"Triffid" wrote in message
.. .

wrote:

I'm trying to list a motherboard on EBAY, but have no idea what socket
it has. It used to hold a 300MHz Celeron. Does that make it a Socket
370? Here is a picture of the motherboard.

http://web.mit.edu/hyalaman/www/comp...otherboard.jpg

Thanks.

Hareendra Yalamanchili

It's a Slot 1 mainboard with a 440BX chipset

You can adapt it to Socket 370, but you cannot use a 133MHz bus.

I know Poweleap makes a PL-iP3 series adapter that lets you use Coppermine
based CPUs. I got my old 440BX Slot 1 up to 800MHz. You can go to 1GHz if
you so desire. That thing was $50, it should still be $50, it's a very
special adapter becasue it changes the voltage to ranges lower than 440BX
boards allow, which is the range Coppermine's run at.

Doesn't matter about the multiplier, becuase Intel locked them anyways.

IDK what you were planning to do, but if you want to use it as a 2nd PC, it
could work, you just have to get that adapter to run anything over 600MHz.
There were some 600MHz Katmai based P3s made, might be hard to find now, but
those would work in there, I believe. Can't guarantee anything, though.
IIRC, the P3 speeds where Coppermine and Katmai were produced, the
Coppermine has the E designation, so P3-600 is a Katmai, but P3-600E is a
Coppermine. E would be a bad thing for this board. Also, the B
designation, whcih would be 133Mhz bus, would also be bad, since it won't
run at 133Mhz bus. Or atelast it shouldn't. My 440BX has only the 66 and
100MHz selection, then again it is an OEM board.

It could make a decent 2nd PC, a PC you use to run servers or test Linux or
download stuff overnight. I use a Celeron 400 to download stuff from eMule
overnight. It is a very good program and the people who use it have amazing
files. OK, I'm advertising, but I'm not paid, this truly is a good program,
once you know how to work it and set it up right with a certain connection
speed that lets you unfairly download more than you upload proportion-wise.
I can't tell you, because they might find out and get rid of that little
'bug'. Anyways, if you wanna check it out,
http://www.emule-project.net/
has it. And you can use all sorts of web sites to get links to files.
Probably the most popualr is http://www.sharereactor.com/ but that's always
slow or down. Then I found http://www.sharelive.com/ and
http://www.****theinter.net/ (creative address . The last one needs you
to login, but you can bull**** the email address, so it doesn't matter. And
then if you like TV shows and want to keep them, http://www.bucktv.net/ has
a lot of TV shows. Sorry if this sounds like I'm a poster boy or paid
advertiser or a faggot or whatever you wanna call me, but I really believe
in this program and I think it is the best P2P sharing program ever made,
aside from the infamous Napster, but even better because you arent limited
to MP3, then again there was a program to package regular files into MP3 so
it can be downloaded with Napster.....

Old June 25th 03, 02:04 AM
booster

don't bother. a cheap 2nd pc that would last longer would be a cheap k7s5a
mobo with a duron. anything else is just delaying the inevitable
om...

Old July 3rd 03, 12:00 AM
Garry M Wilson

Looks like a Slot 1 board, no Socket there my friend.

Garry
Coastal Computer

wrote in message
om...
I'm trying to list a motherboard on EBAY, but have no idea what socket
it has. It used to hold a 300MHz Celeron. Does that make it a Socket
370? Here is a picture of the motherboard.

http://web.mit.edu/hyalaman/www/comp...otherboard.jpg

Thanks.

Hareendra Yalamanchili

Dell Dimension 8100 P4 Socket 423 Replacement Motherboard hupjack Dell Computers 0 May 8th 04 08:04 PM
Athlon XP 2400+ Socket "A" CPU temperatures on MSI KM2M Motherboard. ML Overclocking AMD Processors 11 February 11th 04 04:59 PM
Socket A - All in One Motherboard? (which is the best?) DR Gigabyte Motherboards 1 February 4th 04 02:59 PM
motherboard type eidesheimd General 2 September 1st 03 12:34 AM
Gigabyte motherboard. Model Type GA-686BX Steve MITCHAM Gigabyte Motherboards 1 August 2nd 03 07:31 PM