incorrect hard drive size

Old April 17th 04, 10:43 AM
Femke

Default incorrect hard drive size

Two years ago a restore disc of someone else's computer was used on mine.
Apparantly this was a fatal error since now my computer thinks its harddrive
is 20 gigs instead of 8. I can't scan it ( I've tried this with several
programs), and I can't defrag. It simply errors out. It is now basically
acting like a flat planet: files tend to drop off when they come to the end.
Apart from this, I have to scrub it every few months because it starts
acting weird. This might be as a result of my not being able to defrag. I
have tried scrubbing it several times with a 'clean' installation disc but
to no avail. It always picks up the incorrect harddrive size through BIOS or
something like that.
Could someone please tell me how to deal with this problem? I am sure that
if I would understand what lies beneath windows a bit better I could fix it,
but I find it hard
to get good information on this peticular issue.
Any and every suggestion is more than welcome.

Old April 18th 04, 09:29 AM
Onideus Mad Hatter

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 02:13:55 GMT, "Femke" wrote:

I didn't see it post at all. That's why I tried again. Nor have I seen any
of the responses.

Maybe if you stopped top posting, ya ****in retard.

And this: X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158

How did surfing Usenet with Outlook seem like a good idea to you? I mean, just what brand of stupid
does it take to even do that in the first place? Is it just ignroance? You figure, hey, it's
****ty enough for mail, it should be GREAT for newsgroups! o_O

....or is it just a question of laziness in that you can't find the bother to go and look up what
might be a decent news browser? Use what's already on yer **** box cause it's there? You know
there ARE other software titles out there, really, check it out. Google isn't THAT hard to figure
out.

--

Onideus Mad Hatter
mhm ¹ x ¹