Sharp Camcorder VL-NZ159U in W7?

Old September 14th 14, 05:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.windows7.general,alt.possessive.its.has.no.apostrophe
Char Jackson

Default Sharp Camcorder VL-NZ159U in W7?

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 15:03:13 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
wrote:

In message , Paul
writes:
[]
file transfer. For file transfer, the USB Mass Storage
(or later, MTP protocol) is used to move images. But

[]
Is "MTP protocol" an example of PNS syndrome?

I had to look up PNS syndrome and initially landed at a set of pages related
to Paraneoplastic Neurologic Syndrome, which in itself is an example of PNS
syndrome, but I only know that because I kept searching until I ran across
RAS syndrome, which eventually led me to PNS syndrome, and now I know WTH
you're talking about. :-)

So, yes.

--

Char Jackson
Old September 14th 14, 06:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.windows7.general,alt.possessive.its.has.no.apostrophe
Peter Young

On 14 Sep 2014 Char Jackson wrote:

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 15:03:13 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
wrote:

In message , Paul
writes:
[]
file transfer. For file transfer, the USB Mass Storage
(or later, MTP protocol) is used to move images. But

[]
Is "MTP protocol" an example of PNS syndrome?

I had to look up PNS syndrome and initially landed at a set of pages related
to Paraneoplastic Neurologic Syndrome, which in itself is an example of PNS
syndrome, but I only know that because I kept searching until I ran across
RAS syndrome, which eventually led me to PNS syndrome, and now I know WTH
you're talking about. :-)

So, yes.

I know it as RAS Syndrome. Redundant Acronym syndrome syndrome.

Peter.

--
Peter Young and family
http://pnyoung.orpheusweb.co.uk

Old September 14th 14, 06:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.windows7.general
Paul

J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
In message , Paul writes:
[]
file transfer. For file transfer, the USB Mass Storage
(or later, MTP protocol) is used to move images. But

[]
Is "MTP protocol" an example of PNS syndrome?

It's not germane to this thread, but here it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Transfer_Protocol

Paul
Old September 14th 14, 11:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.windows7.general
Gene E. Bloch[_3_]

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 08:48:13 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 13 Sep 2014 19:33:58 -0400,
wrote:

Yes I have an added 3-port firewire PCI card added, reflected in W7
Device Manager.

JW

This AM I tried recording a video clip on the camcorder cassette
again. Then I connected firewire cable from the camcorder to my W7 PC
and tried to upload the clip as before. This time the PC's autoplay
showed:

Capture your home video in various formats using AVS Video Recorder
Start Encoding
Record Video
Edit and Record Video

I chose the first (which was the default)

It brought up AVS Video Recorder (which I had installed in the past),
and selected 'start capture'. It captured the video quite nicely to
W7 PC's c:\users\mae\captured_file_001.dv after which I selected 'stop
capture' in AVS Video Recorder. Then I converted the .dv file to .avi
for retention. Great!

I thought to re-try uploading photo pics from the camcorder to my W7
PC, which failed yesterday. I see that Device Manager still picks up
the camcorder as an 'unknown device' under 'other devces'. However, I
still cannot install the XP drivers on the W7 PC. And so, it still
looks like I need special driver for W7 - which may not be available.

Oh well....

JW

That's good news on the FireWire front.

And I assume you can remove the SD card from the camcorder and plug it
into a card reader.

I am curious why the USB card reader doesn't load, though. Maybe it's
just too old and fell off the list.

BTW, I do sometimes see things labeled as Unknown Device that work
anyway...

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
Old September 14th 14, 11:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.windows7.general
Gene E. Bloch[_3_]

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 13:58:33 -0400, Paul wrote:

J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
In message , Paul writes:
[]
file transfer. For file transfer, the USB Mass Storage
(or later, MTP protocol) is used to move images. But

[]
Is "MTP protocol" an example of PNS syndrome?

It's not germane to this thread, but here it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Transfer_Protocol

Paul

Which ended up reminding me that pleonasm and neoplasm are anagrams of
each other.

One is redundant language, the other is (arguably) redundant tissue.

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
Old September 15th 14, 12:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.windows7.general
[email protected]

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 15:33:13 -0700, "Gene E. Bloch"
wrote:

That's good news on the FireWire front.

And I assume you can remove the SD card from the camcorder and plug it
into a card reader.

I handn't thought of that. Since I can make the USP work on my XP PC
I left it at that.

I am curious why the USB card reader doesn't load, though. Maybe it's
just too old and fell off the list.

2002 give or take.

BTW, I do sometimes see things labeled as Unknown Device that work
anyway...

I have run out of ideas.

JW
Old September 15th 14, 12:12 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.windows7.general
[email protected]

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 15:28:59 -0700, "Gene E. Bloch"
wrote:

OK, sorry to have failed to assume enough :-)

And sorry that I can't offer some actual help...

Hey - don't apologize.
I appreciate your inputs
JW

Sharp 15" TFT £85 at Digi-UK SimonH UK Computer Vendors 4 March 23rd 05 08:45 PM
Sharp JX-9500H Robert Hinson Printers 0 October 1st 04 06:50 PM
What do you think of Sharp Electronics? jvick General Hardware 0 July 13th 04 04:08 PM
Sharp SF7300 Copier Roy Wiggins Printers 0 December 27th 03 03:27 PM
Manual for Sharp JX9500E Michael Meier Printers 0 August 9th 03 07:43 PM