nvidia AV breakout box

Old November 17th 04, 06:08 PM
Christo

Default nvidia AV breakout box

does this convert S-video (plug into my gfx cars s-video) into composite
video (allow me to plug my xbox cables into the box) in order for me to play
xbox on my PC monitor? seems strange this having to go through the
connection to the graphics card.... isnt that then running my xbox off the
gfx card in my pc and not the onboard gfx it has?

MSI KT6V
AMD Athlon XP2600+

Old November 17th 04, 06:10 PM
Christo

also could i use this on any card with a geforce gpu?

Old November 17th 04, 06:23 PM
GLYTCH

Christo wrote:
.... isnt that then
running my xbox off the gfx card in my pc and not the onboard gfx it has?

ROFLMAO

erm NO!!

Matt

--
The poster previously known as PYRO-Maniak
Gamertag: GLY7CH

Old November 17th 04, 07:39 PM
Christo

"GLYTCH" GLYTCH_2k4@(Ham Egg and Spam)msn.com wrote in message
Christo wrote:
.... isnt that then
running my xbox off the gfx card in my pc and not the onboard gfx it has?

ROFLMAO

erm NO!!

Matt

--
The poster previously known as PYRO-Maniak
Gamertag: GLY7CH
Live Games: Amped 2 | Halo 2 | Links | MotoGP 2 | Ninja Gaiden | PGR2 |
Rallisport 2 | SC: PT | Top Spin

explain then how the s video output on my pc graphics card with an AV
breakout box will allow me to connect the composite video cables from my
xbox to the Breakout box and the box into the s-video of my pc gfx card, the
output is going through my PC's gfx card no?

also patronization is quite meager and not really neccesary, if you have no
positive feedback to give me other than a simple "erm NO" then please don't
bother again.

It is a valid query which i expected a valid response for not someone who
obviously feels as though they are superiror

can anyone tell me if this is correct, here is a diagram from the nvidia
website which i have seen this suggests that what i am saying is true, the
only query i have is can it be used on any other card rather than the
geforce fx5200 cinema card it comes with

IE a geforce fx 5200 with s-video connection

here is the diagram

http://www.nvidia.com/docs/IO/3578/PodConnect.jpg

one more thing has been raised in my mind, maybe this is a type of briding
peripherals such as dvd/xbox/video recorder, through the pc to the TV or
output

any help would be much appreciated

cheers

chris

Old November 17th 04, 09:29 PM
Sharanga Dayananda

Christo wrote:

[...]

You should be able to connect yer x-box to any video card with a
composite video input. It just means that you're can grab ( save to hard
disk or view on screen ) the x-box's output on your monitor. The
graphics your x-box produces will still be produced by your x-box, i.e.
you won't be running yer x-box graphics through yer geforce card,
you'll just be viewing it through yer geforce's video capture input.
You'll be capturing video ( PAL/NTSC ) and the video will still be
produced by yer x-box. In the same way you could connect yer VCR or
cable box to your geforce and view the output on your monitor. The video
will still be produced by yer VCR or cable box. Yer geforce will just be
used to view or save it to hard disk, it won't be 'doing'/generating the
3D processing on yer x-box.
Old November 18th 04, 10:37 AM
Christo

Christo wrote:

[...]

thanks very much for the advice mate, dont spose you could let me know if i
could use the breakoutbox on this card

http://www.directron.com/vgfx5200dtx.html

im not a video card guru yet but one day i will be

i hope anyhow

cheers again

chris