TEAC Tape Cassette drivers

Old July 14th 06, 07:13 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
2hawks

Default TEAC Tape Cassette drivers

Does anyone know where I can find PC drivers for data tape cassette
drives such as:

TEAC MT-2ST/F50B SCSI Sequential Device
aka
CS-600 SX

Also, I would like to know the SCSI mode select for the above drive...
by example
my Tandberg mode select is :00 00 10 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00

I am not optimistic that someone out there will have an answer for
either of these but I am thinking it is worth the try. Thanks in
advance if anyone can lend some knowledge.

Old July 14th 06, 07:23 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
Rob Turk

"2hawks" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know where I can find PC drivers for data tape cassette
drives such as:

TEAC MT-2ST/F50B SCSI Sequential Device
aka
CS-600 SX

Also, I would like to know the SCSI mode select for the above drive...
by example
my Tandberg mode select is :00 00 10 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00

I am not optimistic that someone out there will have an answer for
either of these but I am thinking it is worth the try. Thanks in
advance if anyone can lend some knowledge.

I don't have details about your Teac tapedrive nor any drivers for it, but
the mode select you're listing is fairly standard. It sets your Tandberg to
512-byte fixed blocksize mode. Many tape drives support that blocksize, but
if this command gets rejected by your Teac drive then you may want to try 1K
blocks by changing the '02' to '04'. If you run Linux on your PC then you
can use the 'mt setblk' command to set various blocksizes.

Rob

Random Access Tape? [email protected] General 37 December 4th 05 11:03 PM
DLT or LTO or AIT for new tape drive? Lady Margaret Thatcher Storage (alternative) 64 October 26th 05 07:18 PM
SP2 Question? Scott Gateway Computers 19 April 12th 05 01:54 PM
Asus V8420 v29.4x drivers for WinXP won't work Paul Nvidia Videocards 1 November 5th 04 05:29 PM
Asus V8420 v29.4x drivers for WinXP won't work Flow Nvidia Videocards 0 November 4th 04 08:23 PM