Biggest rip off of the year

Old April 17th 04, 04:03 PM
Niel Humphreys

Default Biggest rip off of the year

They are charging $19.95 for a piece of software that turns something off in
Windows XP that can be done in 5 seconds yourself if you know what you're
looking for. Talk about exploiting the ignorant!

http://www.bye2ads.com/

--

Niel Humphreys

Old April 17th 04, 04:27 PM
Groove

Niel Humphreys said this...
Talk about exploiting the ignorant!

I'd love to. How do I get the UK franchise?

--
º~ dªv¡d ~º

Old April 17th 04, 06:28 PM
Parish

Groove wrote:

Niel Humphreys said this...
Talk about exploiting the ignorant!

I'd love to. How do I get the UK franchise?

Why not just write a program yourself? You could do it with VBScript but
then anyone would know how it was done so a C++ program with a pretty
interface would be better.

Tell you what, I'll write it, you market it, and we'll split the profits
50/50 :-)

Parish
Old April 17th 04, 07:49 PM
Ant C

"Niel Humphreys" wrote in message
They are charging $19.95 for a piece of software that turns something off

in
Windows XP that can be done in 5 seconds yourself if you know what you're
looking for. Talk about exploiting the ignorant!

http://www.bye2ads.com/

--

Niel Humphreys

Full credit to the guy imo. I'd love to know how much he makes out of it.

Old April 17th 04, 10:33 PM
Simon

"Ant C" wrote in message ...
"Niel Humphreys" wrote in message
They are charging $19.95 for a piece of software that turns something off

in
Windows XP that can be done in 5 seconds yourself if you know what you're
looking for. Talk about exploiting the ignorant!

http://www.bye2ads.com/

--

Niel Humphreys

Full credit to the guy imo. I'd love to know how much he makes out of it.

Well at least he's offering a product and one that presumably works.
Ok, it's only 7 clicks or less to do it yourself.. but.. at least it's
not anti-ageing cream or 'How to get rich by sitting at home surfing
the net' booklets..

Simon
Old April 19th 04, 08:28 AM
Bagpuss

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 18:34:48 +0100, Tx2
wrote:

In article ,
, a.k.a Niel Humphreys says...

They are charging $19.95 for a piece of software that turns something off in
Windows XP that can be done in 5 seconds yourself if you know what you're
looking for. Talk about exploiting the ignorant!

And the purchase page doesn't appear to be encrypted in any way?
Sending a card number over an open connection?

a scam if ever i saw one.

I'd say it reads "14yr old kid who thinks he knows it all" but knows
only enough to set up the page and flog a bit of pants s/w :-)

Still if there are some that will fall for it then its their loss.
Old April 19th 04, 10:15 AM
Ant C

"Bagpuss" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 18:34:48 +0100, Tx2
wrote:

In article ,
, a.k.a Niel Humphreys says...

They are charging $19.95 for a piece of software that turns something

off in
Windows XP that can be done in 5 seconds yourself if you know what

you're
looking for. Talk about exploiting the ignorant!

And the purchase page doesn't appear to be encrypted in any way?
Sending a card number over an open connection?

a scam if ever i saw one.

I'd say it reads "14yr old kid who thinks he knows it all" but knows
only enough to set up the page and flog a bit of pants s/w :-)

Still if there are some that will fall for it then its their loss.

Or it could read "14yr old kid with intelligence who got off his ass and
created
something to earn himself some extra cash".

He's not forcing anyone to buy it.

Old April 19th 04, 10:48 AM
Bagpuss

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:15:25 +0100, "Ant C" wrote:

snip

Or it could read "14yr old kid with intelligence who got off his ass and
created
something to earn himself some extra cash".

Good luck to him. Pitty the poor sod who falls^H^H^H^H^Hbuys it.

He's not forcing anyone to buy it.

Want to buy a speed camera detector? A little red light illuiminates
if there is a camera within 150 miles of you, only 20 quid. I can do a
delux version for 50 quid that has an additional green light to
illuminate if there is a camera within 300 miles. Self powered, you
just have to replace the battery when it runs out.

Gaurantted to work or your money back.

Old April 19th 04, 12:27 PM
Trev

"Bagpuss" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:15:25 +0100, "Ant C" wrote:

snip

Or it could read "14yr old kid with intelligence who got off his ass

and
created
something to earn himself some extra cash".

Good luck to him. Pitty the poor sod who falls^H^H^H^H^Hbuys it.

He's not forcing anyone to buy it.

Want to buy a speed camera detector? A little red light illuiminates
if there is a camera within 150 miles of you, only 20 quid. I can do a
delux version for 50 quid that has an additional green light to
illuminate if there is a camera within 300 miles. Self powered, you
just have to replace the battery when it runs out.

Gaurantted to work or your money back.

Only £50 **** I paid twice that. Very good Its spoting them as soon as
you switch it They must be every where