GA-K8NXP Network cable unplugged error msg, troubleshooting.

Old May 28th 05, 02:43 PM
BillL

Default GA-K8NXP Network cable unplugged error msg, troubleshooting.

Hi all,

The above error message is happening intermittantly (usually at the worse
possible moment!) and I have to shut down the 'puter un-plug the CAT 5 cable
from the nvidia LAN port on the back of the PC, plug it back in then start
the PC. The cable came with the Motorola Cable modem (SB4100) and in 2001
but I'm not really sure what the problem is so I need a few pointers on how
to troubleshoot this problem.

I have thought of using the Marvell 8053chip (LAN 1) instead of LAN 2 but
I'm not sure what steps I need to follow to enable this (I'm no longer
required to register a MAC address with my ISP)?

TIA

BillL

Sys spec/config
AMD A64 3200+ (Winchester)
Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI (F7 BIOS)
1 GB RAM (2 x 512 MB Crucial Ballistix DIMM's) PC4000
Leadtek PX6600GT 'Extreme'
Coolermaster 'Wavemaster'Case
OCZ 530 Watt PSU
LG L1720B 17" LCD

DISCS
Maxtor DiamondMax 250 GB SATA150 (On nforce4 controller)

Primary IDE Channel
Maxtor 120 GB PATA

Secondary IDE Channel
Samsung 16x DVD
NEC 3500A DVDRW

OtherHW
HP 940C USB Printer
Epson R300 Photo
Cannon LiDE30 USB Scanner
Hauppauge WinTV PCI

OS: WinXP Pro SP2

Old May 30th 05, 03:41 AM
Anonymoose

Either your lan port has problems or maybe your cat 5 cable. Your marvell
lan port should already be enabled, try plugging the cable into that and see
what happens. good luck.

. uk...