HP 2210 Software Installation Error

Old September 15th 03, 09:24 PM
Susan Krauss

Default HP 2210 Software Installation Error

I got a new HP 2210 PSC all-in-one printer last week and tried to
install the software from the CD. I got error 1305 saying that the
program couldn't access the file splagh.png and I should make sure the
file was in the directory. The file was there and accessible so I hit
RETRY. Same error.

I contacted HP support via chat and they had me download a microsoft
uninstall program and unstaill version 2.0 of the software. Tried
again from CD-ROM - same problem.

They had me uninstall again and download the software from the web
site. I did that and got a new error (I think 2345 but my notes are
at home).

They told me to edit the REGEDIT but none of the keys they sent were
in REGEDIT so there was nothing to delete.

Now they want me to RESTORE the pc to yesterday (before the first
install) and try again.

They're sending me a new CD and swears this will fix the problem but
I'm not convinced.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this software installed?

Any help would be appreciated. I've searched the archive here and
haven't seen these errors.

Thanks,
Susan
Old September 19th 03, 03:02 PM
Seawolf671

I have the same problem when I tried to update the drivers for my HP5550.
According to a tech I spoke with at HP, this is a "Known Issue". They said
they would correct the problem and post an updated driver file for download.
That was 3 months ago and nothing has been done to date.

Seawolf

m...